4.3j now, asking for help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jason_y, Jul 17, 2010.

Jul 17, 2010

4.3j now, asking for help by jason_y at 10:41 AM (1,999 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. jason_y
    OP

Newcomer jason_y Newbie

Hong Kong
    Ok, the situation now is a Wii with only WiiKey I and no softmod was updated recently.
    4.3j now, no more region override, just Japan version "backup" disc can be read
    i have Super Smash Bros Brawl but it cannot be read by this Wii...
    any way to make this SSBB possible to be read on this Wii?
    or converting the save into Japan version?
    as there is Japan version SSBB

Similar on Lego Indiana Jones, there is Japan version savegame but no Japan version game= =
    Yelling for HELP, THANKS!

2. jelmew

Member jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I don't think you have any method left to launch unsigned code. There is no Lego Indiana Jones for jap wii and no smack stash exploit.

3. jason_y
    OP

Newcomer jason_y Newbie

Hong Kong
    -o-
    actually i tried the WiiGF 3.0.5 in order to change the region code of SSBB for making it possible to be read on this 4.3j Wii,
    unfortunately each disc shows a black screen saying that "error - please restart your Wii"(

4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I think you can use the "swap disc" method, but I don't know much about it. Something to do with starting an unmodified original (or backup) disc, and then pressing home, swapping the disc with a trucha signed one with replaced main DOL and pressing home again. Don't know all the details.

EDIT: I have no idea where I saw it mentioned, but I'm pretty sure I did. It may have been in one of the "4.3 Softmod Guides"...

EDIT: Found it here : http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...74-4-3-fix.html

Looks like you need Darkcorp preinstalled as well. Sorry.

5. jason_y
    OP

Newcomer jason_y Newbie

Hong Kong
    tried this method already and this consuming at least 7 DVD-R discs for burning the WiiParty ISO...
    it doesn't worked on my Wii because i got no cIOSCORP/DARKCORP cios installed Orz

http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...html#post385847

6. jason_y
    OP

Newcomer jason_y Newbie

Hong Kong
    actually somebody in a taiwan forum has an idea to make this "disc swap" can be used in Wii even it has no softmod before
    [​IMG]
    the upper part is the signature of partition.bin with loadmii.dol(

7. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Wait for TT to release HBC, they said it would be compatible with all regions which implies that a new exploit will be released that works for K and J regions.

@jason_y : Correct signature of old main.dol? Since you can't just forge the signature of loadmii dol there..

8. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    Install Priiloader an select the 'Region Changer' (Or something like that) hack!! lol Maybe that'll help ya!! lol

9. jelmew

Member jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    That doesn't help. Please read the OP before shouting priiloader