4.2 update worries

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cearp, Dec 9, 2009.

1. cearp
    OP

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    hey, i am scared [​IMG] i am on 4.0J, i have dvdx (although on D3-2 drive, so i think it is pointless?) i'm LU64+ (boot2v4 came with my wii, no bootmi in boot2). i have the hbc, and some cios's.
    i have priiloader installed with some hacks. (bootmii is installed as an ios) usb loader etc..

i want to update to 4.2(J). i am confused on what guide to use, what file to use etc..
    please help me..
    do i have to remove my hacked stuff first? thank you!
    (i just worried about following some guide for 'virgin' wiis, that might not work because i have stuff on my wii, and then because it would update my system menu, i wouldn't be able to get to priiloader and fix it.
    will i have to re-install my stuff?
    (i tried search for 4.2, but it was too short....)
    thanks [​IMG]

2. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    read xzxero's guide : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 and install all the ios from his update.zip (they are region free) and the system menu "NTSC-J = v480"

DVDX is pointless on D3-2, but it wont hurt anything.

There is no need to remove anything first. Just follow the guide word for word and it'll work flawlessly.

I have used it many times.

3. cearp
    OP

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    thanks, you really helped [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice