4.2 softmod wii won't boot game cube backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kyle_jc, Oct 20, 2010.

Oct 20, 2010
  1. kyle_jc
    OP

Newcomer kyle_jc Member

United Kingdom
    I have a black wii that I have tried to softmod to play gamecube backups. I originally softmodded it about a year ago with whatever the most current guide at the time on here was and it worked perfectly with USB loader but not with discs because it had a d3-2 drive so last week I tried to get it to boot gc homebrew through my sd gecko and I tried to do things to the mios to make this work and I think this may be the root of the problem. Anyway yesterday I bought an old wii and I modded it using the 4.3 and below guide and I installed the wiigator cmios 0.2 and my mini DVD-r backup of windwaker worked so I then switched the disc drives with my black wii and I installed neogamma rv9 beta 47 and it always hangs at the loading back up screen so I tried updating the ios using the 4.3 and below guide and the wiimii guide using virgin settings and I have tried various different cmios and I get the same result. I have also tried gc backup launcher and the game starts but the controller is non responsive. Any ideas would be brilliant I am 4.2e and I have used the old guide from a year ago then the 4.3 and below guide using all 4.2 options and lastly the wiimii guide gave me 41 ios to install so I installed all of them.

I still have the other wii that the backups worked on until I changed the drive so is there a programme that I can use to compare what both wii's have installed and I could manually copy the good wii

Cheers

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    You should reinstall the cMIOS on your black wii, use the new cMIOS from the neogamma r9 beta thread. If this doesn't work, try to boot a retail wii game, if this also doesn't work, check if you connected the dvd drive wires correctly. I also have a black wii with switched dvd drive and I can play gamecube backups fine.

3. kyle_jc
    OP

Newcomer kyle_jc Member

United Kingdom
    I have reinstalled the cmios that uses the v10 from the neogamma thread and it is still the same also I have no gamecube original to try but wii originals work I feel like I'm going in circles lol

4. FIX94

Germany
    Could you please post your syscheck? A file called syscheck.cvs will be created on your sd card, post the contents here.

5. kyle_jc
    OP

Newcomer kyle_jc Member

United Kingdom
    There isn't a syscheck file on my sd card [​IMG]

6. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Check his post again. You have to click the link and run that program, then it will create the file [​IMG]

7. kyle_jc
    OP

Newcomer kyle_jc Member

United Kingdom
  8. FIX94

Germany
    You have a very strange IOS list, revision and patches are not normal.
    Please install cIOS249 v17 and try to use neogamma again. In neogamma, look if the gamecube mode is set to internal and the force video mode to disc.

9. kyle_jc
    OP

Newcomer kyle_jc Member

United Kingdom
    I thought my IOS's must be strange I can't wait to get back home to test this I will update you later [​IMG] cheers

10. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Read the mini FAQ from here:
    http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

NeoGamma needs to be set to GC mode internal in order to play gamecube backups with the recommend cMIOS. If you had another cMIOS on the other Wii, it would explain why it did work there.

11. kyle_jc
    OP

Newcomer kyle_jc Member

United Kingdom
    Nah I used the same cmios on both wii's and it was the one from that thread I used.

How can I read the syscheck as I will compare the good wii and the bad wii

Cheers

12. kyle_jc
    OP

Newcomer kyle_jc Member

United Kingdom
    Still not working anyone got any other ideas?

13. kyle_jc
    OP

Newcomer kyle_jc Member

United Kingdom
    i ended up installing darkcorp and after that it wont boot from the disc channel but it boots fine from neogamma does anybody know the reason behind this?

thanks for all the help

14. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Now i'm sure you would find your answer in my mini FAQ.