Hacking 4.2 Low Level Brick

Karrde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, new to the forums.
I've been reading around on this problem and there seems to be differing answers depending on if u have HBC, preloader etc installed and i'm not sure what to do as i have none of those installed. Or if it's possible for me to install them using the savemiifrii trick somehow.

I have an original wiikey installed on an AUS launch wii. I've updated it to 1.9g to run SMG. I was running firmware 3.2E, and i had done the NTSC trick to play MP3 early. That's all.
Having not used my wii in AGES i didnt think to check what the latest firmware was and if there were any problems, and i just plugged it in and updated. Now it seems to have LLB. I can do the savemiifrii trick to bring up the SYS ver and it says 4.2(eur). But i dont know discs what will work.
I've tried the nintendo repair disc and UUBD4. But im not sure whats meant to be happening when i put them in after doing savemiifrii, if anything. I tried to see if TP would load doing it but no luck. (I didnt think it would).

Is my wii unfixable? Im going away for a couple months soon, so if it is i can wait awhile to see if anything comes out that will help. But i was pretty keen on playing TP before i went.

Ill be back on tomorrow afternoon sometime trying to fix it.
Thanks guys.

Karrde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats what i thought. Does it have to be higher than 4.2 or if a game with 4.2 comes out can i reupdate using that?

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Karrde said:
Hey, new to the forums.
I've been reading around on this problem and there seems to be differing answers depending on if u have HBC, preloader etc installed and i'm not sure what to do as i have none of those installed. Or if it's possible for me to install them using the savemiifrii trick somehow.

I have an original wiikey installed on an AUS launch wii. I've updated it to 1.9g to run SMG. I was running firmware 3.2E, and i had done the NTSC trick to play MP3 early. That's all.
Having not used my wii in AGES i didnt think to check what the latest firmware was and if there were any problems, and i just plugged it in and updated. Now it seems to have LLB. I can do the savemiifrii trick to bring up the SYS ver and it says 4.2(eur). But i dont know discs what will work.
I've tried the nintendo repair disc and UUBD4. But im not sure whats meant to be happening when i put them in after doing savemiifrii, if anything. I tried to see if TP would load doing it but no luck. (I didnt think it would).

Is my wii unfixable? Im going away for a couple months soon, so if it is i can wait awhile to see if anything comes out that will help. But i was pretty keen on playing TP before i went.

Ill be back on tomorrow afternoon sometime trying to fix it.
Thanks guys.

it could be the bluetooth module i had a wii very similar used savemii frii, repair discs etc went from 3.3 to 3.4 to
4.1 still black screen then took the bluetooth module from a working working wii put it in and bam it worked and
just to test i put the bad one in the wii that was working and bam it was dead.. then i ordered a bluetooth module
prob solved so try that if all else fails....

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So... you have no homebrew.

And what does the Wii do when you switch it on?
Just blackscreen?
If not, what does it do?

...But, at least part of the sysmenu is intact (the recoery mode, accessible via savemiifrii), so that's something.
And you have a modchip, so you can play burned games...

You can still run games via recovery menu, but you will first have to edit the iso to set it to autoboot using this app (nad reburn the autoboot copy):
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_BootMe

Maybe try the Rabbids Go Home trick?
This trick involves trying t fill your NAND memory up with heaps of crap like savefiles and channels like mario kart channel and wii fit channel.

So, try to fill up your NAND...
(DON'T install the Rabbids Channel yet)

It's a guess as to how full it is, since you can't view it in your situation... just keep adding big savegames by loading up games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (and other games too).

But keep in mind, you must not already have a savefile for the game you're about to play, else it cannot add it, since it's already there.

Now once it's full or almost full, install the Rabbids Channel.
Since you don't have enough space, it will take you to save management screen, skipping the rest of the sysmenu. Then there, you can install the Indiana pwns savefile (it's the successor to twilight hack).

(I think that's how the Rabbids Go Home trick works...)

But, to install said savefile, you need to have played LEGO Indiana Jones (the 1st one "The original Adventures") and made a save for it in order to copy the indiana pwns savefile over.

Then, download the hackmii installer from bootmii.org, and put hackmii's boot.elf on the root of your SD, then launch the indiana pwns hack as per it's instructions.

If you can get that far, just say so, and we'll then be able to help you fix it.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I also think it could be your bluetooth. Can you power the wii on with the wiimote? If not I would look into replacing the bluetooth module.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
I also think it could be your bluetooth. Can you power the wii on with the wiimote? If not I would look into replacing the bluetooth module.
Doesn't the System Menu refuse to run at all if the bluetooth module is bad?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the module is bad the wiimote will not power on the wii, the wii will boot to black scree, savemiifrii will load the recovery menu, games will not load.

Karrde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok just tested an autoboot game. It worked, so ill probably try that rabbid go home trick. Just need to burn all autoboot iso's now.

Thanks for all the imput guys. Ill let you know how it works out.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No problem.

Now you just need to fill up that NAND without actually knowing how much space you have left... that's the hard part... but you should be able to do it.

Just keep in mind:
If you try installing the Rabbids Channel too early (that is, if NAND still has about 70 or so blocks left, that's about how big the channel is), you run the risk of successfully installing the channel without activating the trick which kicks you to the save management screen (which is where you want to get to).

...and what are the EXACT syptoms that the Wii and sysmenu show when you switch it on normally?
Do you see the healthscreen, then freeze?
Does the Wii switch on to a crazy green-and -purple screen?
Does your Wii switch on to a blackscreen?

Your answers to these questions will help me diagnose the exact problem, and allow me to make an exact solution for it.

Karrde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody,

Thanks everyone for your advice, however i've just come back from a many month holiday, and i didn't get a chance to fix my wii before i left.

Now that 4.3E is out and moddable(according to the guide on the 1st page). I was wondering if i need to go through the hassle of filling up my internal memory and copying the L:IJ file over or whether i can just install 4.3 off of a game disc(if any come with it) and then use the guide to go through and install all the homebrew. As this sounds like a much simpler solution. The only thing i'm concerned about is that installing 4.3 over the top will somehow cause more problems than i already have.

Sorry for bringing back such an old topic, but theres a few games just come out i'd like to play and i can't do so until this problem is fixed.

yatesl

Trophies
XP
Country
Metroid: Other M comes with the 4.3 update, as far as I know. It'll have to be the nuked WiiTARD release, as iND has it ripped out already.

Karrde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Metroid comes out over here (AUS) on the 2nd i think so i'll have a go with that on friday after work.
Will any additional problems be caused by updating to 4.3?
or will that fix the low level brick and allow me to install all the recommended homebrew as per the guide?

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
Karrde said:
Metroid comes out over here (AUS) on the 2nd i think so i'll have a go with that on friday after work.
Will any additional problems be caused by updating to 4.3?
or will that fix the low level brick and allow me to install all the recommended homebrew as per the guide?

Well if your homebrew channel isnt updated to 1.0.8 then you will lose it which means no loading of homebrew

if you got any forwarder channels then I think it might be possible you can use one of those forwarders and replace the .dol it links to with the hackmii installers .dol so that should reinstall hbc for you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...