Hacking 4.2 failed update ? or something

julz1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So ive had my little cousins over and the hassle of looking over two kids forced me to take a 2 hour nap just then
i awoke and what i think happened is my cousin opted not to use configurable usb loader and homebrew channel and insert NSMB genuine copy then did not read the system update and continued clicking yes to everything
long story short the homebrew channel is still there. but clicking on it causes the wii to go black screen

are there any options at this point btw sorry about explainng the story instead of getting straight to the point

julz1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah ok i did the bannerbomb which worked fine
however it said homebrew cannot be install because no vunerable ios can be found

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
julz1 said:
however it said homebrew cannot be install because no vunerable ios can be found
You may have the wrong version of banner bomb - theres a specific one for 4.2 and one for the other versions.
The wrong one gives that error as far as i know.

julz1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
julz1 said:
You may have the wrong version of banner bomb - theres a specific one for 4.2 and one for the other versions.
The wrong one gives that error as far as i know.

http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php

got this version

This is not my screenshot but it is this error

DSC00062.jpg

julz1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lolzed said:
you on 4.2?check your settings and tell us,if it's 4.2,try different versions,if 4.1 below,check the index.old

ok so i thought it was 4.2 because of the NSMB update but it actually says it is menu 4.1
but i use the 4.1 installer and it freezes i just tried it 5 times in a row
this is really confusing should i use dop ios or something. does that fix the vunerable ios error ?

Posts merged

QUOTE(KennYMcCormick @ Jan 6 2010, 11:41 AM) Use the latest Hackmii installer (i see you used 0.2)

[url=http://bootmii.org/download/]http://bootmii.org/download/[/url]

no sorry i said this is not my screenshot, i just posted that to show its the same install error sorry about the confusion

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
it's not a problem with the version of hackmii installer or bannerbomb, it's because you probably modified all your original IOS (thanks to cioscorp) some time ago but the NSMB update did not updated these into clean new IOS (because cioscorp has the "smart" idea of blocking the IOS version number so they can not be updated).

Consequently, Hackmii Installer can't find any sane IOS to exploit anymore : easiest solution is to DOP IOS36 and IOS61 to get the original (unpatched !) versions back then run Hackmii Installer again.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
julz1 said:
ouch cioscorp. you have to install official ios used by hackmii installer. ios36 or ios61. install it manually by downloading it through NUSD and install with wad manager or dop-ios mod if you do not want the hassle.

julz1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
julz1 said:
ouch cioscorp. you have to install official ios used by hackmii installer. ios36 or ios61. install it manually by downloading it through NUSD and install with wad manager or dop-ios mod if you do not want the hassle.

would it restore the ios if i upgraded to 4.2 using dop-ios because i tried ios36 and 61 and it comes back with an error then freezes

julz1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
julz1 said:
would it restore the ios if i upgraded to 4.2 using dop-ios because i tried ios36 and 61 and it comes back with an error then freezes
what freezes dop-ios mod?

no when i select patch ios 36 or patch ios 61 while using dop ios it gives me some error like bad hash and then freezes
so i was wondering if updating the wii using dop ios would return these to normal so the hackmii installer can work

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
julz1 said:
no when i select patch ios 36 or patch ios 61 while using dop ios it gives me some error like bad hash and then freezes
so i was wondering if updating the wii using dop ios would return these to normal so the hackmii installer can work
no. your purpose for running dop-ios mod is to install a fresh non-patched ios36 and ios61 to resolve the issue of the no vulnerable ios. you must not patch those ios upon installing it using dop-ios mod.

julz1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
julz1 said:
no. your purpose for running dop-ios mod is to install a fresh non-patched ios36 and ios61 to resolve the issue of the no vulnerable ios. you must not patch those ios upon installing it using dop-ios mod.

ok is there a tut around here i understand what you are saying just do not know how to do it

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
julz1 said:
ok is there a tut around here i understand what you are saying just do not know how to do it
i tut for using dop-ios? i dunno one. dop-ios gives you the instructions and buttons to push for selection so i don't think there is a need for a tut for using it.

check here for info: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS/Dop-IOS_MOD

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if using dop-ios mod is too manually complicated for you, you could always use cioscorp uninstaller by da_letter_a to eliminate the problem for no vulnerable ios for hackmii installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare