4.2.0-9U 3DS problem with Supercard DSTWO

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by StevenFlato, Jul 17, 2012.

1. StevenFlato
    OP

StevenFlato Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2012
    United States
    So, I got my Supercard DSTwo today. I updated the firmware to 1.16 and the latest EOS, and everything worked fine. I am on 4.2.0-9U

However, I turned off my 3DS, and now it will not see an icon for the DSTWO when I put in the cart. In addition, the 3DS will not start up when I have the DSTWO in it. Just a black screen.

I tried formatting and installing the firmware on a DS Lite, and still, nothing. The DSTWO works on the DSLite. Any ideas?

2. Janthran

Janthran Solarian

Sep 17, 2011
    United States
    The Pacific Northwet
    Dunno, I had this problem with my Acekard a while ago.
    Out of curiosity, is your microSD card one of those noname brands from China?

3. StevenFlato
    OP

StevenFlato Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2012
    United States
    it's an amazon basics card, class 10. i don't have any other microsd cards to try it with at the moment, unfortunately. but shouldn't it start without the sdcard inserted, at least?

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The DSTwo reads some data from the MicroSD on startup to make updates to bypass the AP in the 3DS possible, so no it won't work without a MicroSD with the system software on it.

5. Riversong

Riversong Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2009
    United States
    Gallifrey
    Huh good to know that I am not the only one with this problem & that it is happening to multiple cards. I have an AK2i, and I am having the same issue. Maybe Nintendo is getting clever.