Hacking 3in1 vs. 3in1+

keruption

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a 3in1 to go with my cycloDS and I was wondering if I really needed to get the 3in1+. From what I have seen, it only has extra memory. Does this help when playing GBA games, or is that extra memory only really helpful for browsing the web, something I really won't be doing.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If you are buying a new 3-in-1 now, you'll probably get a 3-in-1+ regardless, unless the seller specifically says it is an old model. The old 3-in-1 is already out of production I believe.

To be perfectly honest try to get the old one if you can. The only thing the new one has over the old one is a bigger memory, which is totally pointless for games and is only useful if you want to play GBA videos (which, trust me, you don't). On the CycloDS the old one is better natively supported than the new one, so it's better to get at the moment, but if you can't get the old one that's fine. The new one still works for most things and for things that don't you can use GBAexploader.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the extra memory could possibly help by speeding up the SNES emulator, but I'm not entirely sure about this. And it really doesn't matter if you get the + version because the Cyclo added native support for it a while ago and I haven't seen anyone having problems with it.

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
Well the extra memory could possibly help by speeding up the SNES emulator, but I'm not entirely sure about this. And it really doesn't matter if you get the + version because the Cyclo added native support for it a while ago and I haven't seen anyone having problems with it.
There is a known bug when flashing a game with NOR. A hard-reset of the DS is required to get the game running. Using GBAExpLoader works fine, I believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1