Hacking 3in1 Step by step

Barely

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I was hoping for a step by step list of how to run a GBA game from a 3in1 using an Acekard 2i, start to finish, saving included. I feel like I'm missing something and a step by step from someone who has done it a bunch may help.
yaynds.gif

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Insert MicroSD into MicroSD card reader
2. Insert MicroSD card reader into PC
3. Copy GBA ROMs to MicroSD
4. Eject MicroSD from PC
5. Insert MicroSD into Acekard
6. Insert Acekard into DS
7. Insert 3in1 into DS
8. Turn on DS
9. Browse to folder containing GBA ROMs
10. Click on GBA ROM
11. Play game
12. Save game
13. Turn off DS
Repeat steps 8-13 as necessary

14...Profit
yaynds.gif

biggman15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep... It's about that simple... Although, If your having trouble saving... Some roms may need an Sram patch... Haven't done it in a while... So I don't know for sure... And the only other thing I can think of is that your 3in1 battery may be dead...

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggman15 said:
Yep... It's about that simple... Although, If your having trouble saving... Some roms may need an Sram patch... Haven't done it in a while... So I don't know for sure... And the only other thing I can think of is that your 3in1 battery may be dead...
I believe AKAIO does automatic SRAM patching. Some games have save trouble like Pokemon Emerald, FireRed, or LeafGreen. In order to play them you need the homebrew, GBAExploader. It freezes with AKAIO unless you download the official firmware and extract it and copy the ak2_sd.dldi in the __ak2 folder into your __aio folder on your MicroSD. Overwrite the existing file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 224 and home lol