3in1 saves randomly disappearing.

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Braedon, Dec 12, 2010.

Dec 12, 2010
  1. Braedon
    OP

Newcomer Braedon Member

United States
    Using Gba ExpLoader 058b, sometimes my save files are completely erased. I load the .sav to SRAM and boot the game, and nothing is there. It probably happens once every two days and is starting to get annoying. Apart from that it works fine. Can anyone shed some light on this?

It also does not seem to be an issue with the battery, because I restarted and my saves are working fine now too. My method of saving is as follows:

1. Play game on SRAM, save in game, power off the DS.
    2. Power on, overwrite previous .sav from SRAM.
    3. Power off again.
    4. Next time I play the game, I always load from the .sav - even if there's still info on SRAM.

I'm pretty careful to overwrite the previous .sav after each session so I don't lose what is on my SRAM in case I should decide not to play it again for awhile. It just seems to randomly decide not to load my saves after every few sessions. Strange. Would it be more stable to use NOR instead of SRAM?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  3. Braedon
    OP

Newcomer Braedon Member

United States
    Well it's not that old, but I guess it couldn't hurt to give it a shot, but just out of curiosity, why does it cause the .sav to empty? I understand having problems with SRAM if the battery is finnicky, but surely reloading the .sav to the SRAM would restore the SRAM the same as the .sav right? What reason could a bad battery have for affecting information stored on the SD card?

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Incompatible save type does that sometimes even if the save works for you at first, it will go corrupt.