Hacking 3in1 back up save problem with AKAIO

Wolfrenard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a problem for back up the save of "Advance Wars" on my SD Card ... I have no prompt at start and no save at start. I can play "Advance Wars" & save in the game but the save is only in the 3in1 ... I can't back up the save in the SD & if i play another gba game, i lost my save !

Does someone have a solution to force "manually" the back up in the Sd card ?

Software: AKAIO RC2 with Acekard 2.1 & DS Lite

My EZ3in1 settings are:

Rumble level : Off
NOR mode : Auto
Back up GBA save at start : Enabled
Prompt before save/load : Enabled
GBA Universal sleep : Disabled

The 3in1 Battery is OK (i have changed it last month)

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you go to the 3in1 menu in AKAIO, there is an option to dump the save data. This will copy the contents of the save ram into a file in the root of your sd card. It doesn't match it up with the gba game though so you'd have to do that manually. A bit of a PITA but it will let you get your save out of the 3in1.

-Atashi

Wolfrenard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have tried this solution but the save obtained doesn't work ... The game starts at the beginning ..

The size of the save obtained by press Y (Sram) at the 3in1 menu is 512 kO

Edit : I have made some tries & it seems that I haven't the problem with Donkey Kong Country & Mario Vs DK. Does the problem come from Advance Wars ?

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to reply to this earlier but I thought you had fixed this...

I have always had a problem with advance wars (European release, I have not tried usa version). I cannot play it from akaio because whenever I start it, its like my old save is deleted or something happens that screws it up (New blank .sav overwritten etc). Afaik if I involve akaio at all to load it into NOR etc the save never keeps. Even if I just used the DS menu iirc.
Had me thinkin' the battery is gone but it wasn't the battery. I think the save is not patched correctly or something. This would explain why even trying to use it like retail gba cart from ds menu failed after akaio loaded it to NOR.
I cannot ever resume from the last time I played and I have tried everything I could think of except.. manually patching the game myself because I know fuc* all about this at the moment.

What I have had to do to play this and resume my save is use gba exploader. I have similar problems with other games and I think maybe I'll start to do some proper testing so I can report back to akaio team about it. I think they are looking into some gba issues now (which is great), my problem could be EZ3in1+ related. I have the same issue with FireRed for example and a few other games. FireRed btw doesn't have RTC does it, I know emerald does?

Maybe try exploader see if you have any luck, then if you can file a proper bug report for the team so that they get more info on this to debug the possible problem.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GBA 3 in 1 save backup is far from perfect in AKAIO, theres quite a few games that wont save, Advance Wars, Banjo Kazooie and Super Mario Advance 4 to name but a few.

Wolfrenard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have patched the rom with Gbata & it seems to work ... I progress in the game & the save is copied at each start for now ... I continue to play ... for now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol