Hacking 3dslink just released a firmware

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All reviewers have said that the plastic quality is quite poor and may cause contact issues after some use.

i think you mean one reviewer

a single reviewer in the comparison thread said that, not multiple, just one, and quality of something is all subjective, people think samsung phones feel cheap and i completely disagree with them

unless you own one, dont comment on quality, that would be the equivalent of someone saying pokemon sucks when they never played the game before in their life

Reactions: kalimero

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah the Gateway has the superior plastic. How clean and high qualitiy it looks. The white, sometimes yellowish color, uneven edges, mold leftovers, HOLES...

gateway_3ds_front_stickers_off.jpg

The color of the R4i looks almost like a retail game

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

Reactions: luigi90210

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah the Gateway has the superior plastic. How clean and high qualitiy it looks. The white, sometimes yellowish color, uneven edges, mold leftovers, HOLES...

-snip-

The color of the R4i looks almost like a retail game

-snip-
I think that the color has practical reasons: The CycloDS iEvolution has the same "yellowish" color and both contain LEDs that can be seen through the shell.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh com on this is becoming ridiculous, people now are saying the other one is better because of it color of the plastic?

at the moment those cards can achieve EXACT the same thing so there is almost nothing left to compare..... so they are equal? But why are people bitching of other flashcards. First lets see who is gonna release the emunand function or something so there is actually a point in comparing.

Only reason i see why there is a endless discussion for it : people are afraid they bought the wrong cart and get screwed over (which is kind of funny, because with those cards, you are screwing developers).

Reactions: Duo8 and Celice

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh com on this is becoming ridiculous, people now are saying the other one is better because of it color of the plastic?

at the moment those cards can achieve EXACT the same thing so there is almost nothing left to compare..... so they are equal? But why are people bitching of other flashcards. First lets see who is gonna release the emunand function or something so there is actually a point in comparing.

Only reason i see why there is a endless discussion for it : people are afraid they bought the wrong cart and get screwed over (which is kind of funny, because with those cards, you are screwing developers).
For now, the main difference is not software or visual look. Chinese clone uses new updated ASIC chip, which may do smth extra in future :)

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For now, the main difference is not software or visual look. Chinese clone uses new updated ASIC chip, which may do smth extra in future :)
May, or may not. It could also be an overpowered chip, only eating up more energy than necessary.
Speculation is not quite a valid argument for either side.

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
May, or may not. It could also be an overpowered chip, only eating up more energy than necessary.
Speculation is not quite a valid argument for either side.
I think same power consumption, well at least datasheet "says so". And it seems that A3P250 have 2x more performance

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think same power consumption, well at least datasheet "says so". And it seems that A3P250 have 2x more performance

Sorry to say it but thinking it or being unsure doesn't make a good argument. If you have a card and test it showing your results then we can believe it, otherwise it's just an argument and that is the last thing we need.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The datasheets I've seen said nothing about energy consumption.
Also, don't think that double the numbers on the datasheet means double the performance.

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

actually color of plastic does speak for build quality, if something starts white and turns yellow, that means its oxidizing which would lead to the plastic deteriorating faster than if the plastic was still pure white

now im not saying the gateway is made of shit, because im sure it isnt(i dont know though because i dont own one), but to say the color of plastic has nothing to do with quality of the build is far from the truth

can you please explain how we as consumers would be screwing with developers if we bought the cheaper cards?
afaik gateway took a known exploit and made a flashcard from it, and for all you know, r4i, link3ds, and other "clones" are using their own code(evident from the video of emunand working without gateway releasing their 2.0 update for the clones to copy) and they have no affiliation with gateway

there is no proof that the r4i team was using gateway's code, only speculation, but afaik, no hard facts saying they stole code from gateway

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually color of plastic does speak for build quality, if something starts white and turns yellow, that means its oxidizing which would lead to the plastic deteriorating faster than if the plastic was still pure white

now im not saying the gateway is made of shit, because im sure it isnt(i dont know though because i dont own one), but to say the color of plastic has nothing to do with quality of the build is far from the truth

can you please explain how we as consumers would be screwing with developers if we bought the cheaper cards?
afaik gateway took a known exploit and made a flashcard from it, and for all you know, r4i, link3ds, and other "clones" are using their own code(evident from the video of emunand working without gateway releasing their 2.0 update for the clones to copy) and they have no affiliation with gateway

there is no proof that the r4i team was using gateway's code, only speculation, but afaik, no hard facts saying they stole code from gateway

Well...we don't know that the clone companies have not copied Gateway's EmuNand code....Gateway obviously has beta testers....who is to say one of the people testing Gateway EmuNand didn't take that code and sell it to another team? This sort of leaking, selling, stealing goes on all the time in the Flashcart scene....I mean ever hear the saying 'there is no honor among theives'. Apparently Gateway/R4Gold/Smelum are all working on EmuNand...I am curious who came up with the concept first? Gateway as far as the provable timeline show.....still I wonder who will put something out first.

Hey I am an equal oppertunity flashcart supporter....I pre-ordered Gateway and had it within days of it availablility in North America....paid $80 with shipping...Now I found the r4 card for $46 and am in no rush so can wait for it to come on the slow boat from China (literaly). My guess is they will both release their EmuNand within days of one another.....the question is will Gateway have Nand save support and Multi-rom as they have mentioned is possible? The cloners showed games made with the newer SDK running (like batman and Zelda) but made no mention of these other features. The plot thickens but I just hope somone gets something out soon as they have been talking about this EmuNand since early Oct and it is now late November...

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

yeah, or the plastic is made in a different place and the resources explains it color. and by the time it breaks( probably never if you dont tear it apart) you can swap cases.

and you are screwingnthe developers because you are downloading the games for free which you supposed to buy...

and i never said here this card is a clone of gateway, but granted it is( take a look at the decrypted dat files). And it doesnt matter if it is a clone at all, as long as it gets the job done

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah, or the plastic is made in a different place and the resources explains it color. and by the time it breaks( probably never if you dont tear it apart) you can swap cases.( my cyclo evolution ( best ds flashcard by that time) still works!)

and you are screwingnthe developers because you are downloading the games for free which you supposed to buy...

and i never said here this card is a clone of gateway, but granted it is( take a look at the decrypted dat files). And it doesnt matter if it is a clone at all, as long as it gets the job done

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, or the plastic is made in a different place and the resources explains it color. and by the time it breaks( probably never if you dont tear it apart) you can swap cases.

well first off i back up my legally obtained games and play them on flashcards
not everyone pirates you know...

secondly if you get something that starts out bright white and it turns yellow, its a sure sign something is rotting away, if it came out of the box yellowish thats a different story

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well...we don't know that the clone companies have not copied Gateway's EmuNand code....Gateway obviously has beta testers....who is to say one of the people testing Gateway EmuNand didn't take that code and sell it to another team? This sort of leaking, selling, stealing goes on all the time in the Flashcart scene....I mean ever hear the saying 'there is no honor among theives'. Apparently Gateway/R4Gold/Smelum are all working on EmuNand...I am curious who came up with the concept first? Gateway as far as the provable timeline show.....still I wonder who will put something out first.

Hi, guys.
Do you have the proof that r4i gold team just get the EmuNand code from the beta testers?
If you do not, you can be sued for slander.
Besides, are you sure that the beta testers have emuNand code themselves?
I think the beta testers can only get the image at most.

When coming to come up with the concept on emunand first, gw does not get a patent for it and others can also make use of it.
That's all.

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, guys.
Do you have the proof that r4i gold team just get the EmuNand code from the beta testers?
If you do not, you can be sued for slander.
Besides, are you sure that the beta testers have emuNand code themselves?
I think the beta testers can only get the image at most.

When coming to come up with the concept on emunand first, gw does not get a patent for it and others can also make use of it.
That's all.

first off, no one is going to sue anyone here(except for nintendo but that has nothing to do with emunand or slander)

secondly, there is no patenting emunand because it isnt new innovative technology, the xbox 360 has had something like emunand for over a year now, the ps3 has had this for a while, if gateway suddenly patented this and started suing every company that released something like emunand, not only would gateway lose in court, they will have all patents thrown out(assuming this is even possible because the legality of a gateway card is questionable to tell you the truth)

with that said, there isnt proof r4i stole code and there isnt proof that they didnt, this is one of those things that since it came out second, people will just assume they stole code to make themselves feel better(i seriously cant think of any other reason why people would make this a big deal, who gives a shit if its a clone, more competition is better imo)

its all purely speculation at this point, and to tell you the truth, people will believe what they want to believe and try to shove it in your face in order to make themselves feel better(again cant really think of any other reason, if you got one please let me know) and that goes both ways lol, i personally feel R4i borrowed gateways code for their 1.0 and 2.0 firmware(i say borrowed because this was public knowledge to be quite honest, this stuff has been around way before gateway came into existence) but with their new 3.0 firmware, its their own code(from what i hear the 2.0 gateway firmware hasnt been released for beta testing yet so unless they have an internal leak, i doubt its stolen)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol