Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Shinigami357 said:
Hey, you know what your problem is, you think you know this shit better than I do, and you think I'm ignorant. So great of you.
I stopped reading right there. Why? Because I don't. I wouldn't try to gauge one's intelligence from something such as this.

This tells me that you're a judgmental person. Good for you, sir. I suppose it comes with nearly 5k posts that you feel you are entitled to brush aside other tempers' opinions and ideas.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami357 said:
This tells me that you're a judgmental person. Good for you, sir. I suppose it comes with nearly 5k posts that you feel you are entitled to brush aside other tempers' opinions and ideas.

Fuck yeah it does.

But on a serious note, let's get back to the topic on hand instead of arguing about member superiority.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami357 said:
machomuu said:
Shinigami357 said:
Hey, you know what your problem is, you think you know this shit better than I do, and you think I'm ignorant. So great of you.
I stopped reading right there. Why? Because I don't. I wouldn't try to gauge one's intelligence from something such as this.

I don't care about my post count. As far as that matters, you're still my senior, as I technically joined this January. I wouldn't care if your post count were 10,000, I still would have said the same thing. Also, you're one of the tempers I like on this forum, I have no reason to look down on you.

Ugh...yeah, let's get back on topic.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Then why the judging? Come on, I read at least 2 of your posts calling me [and my ideas] "ignorant". I didn't complain. I defended my point and pointed out that you have a problem. And suddenly you're saying that you wouldn't read anything past that, because of gauging someone's intelligence" or whatnot.

How is that supposed to be fair to me?

I never once tagged anyone as ignorant or unintelligent - I was just sharing my views. I can even accept if you think I'm ignorant, or illogical or something. How about extending me the same courtesy? I'm not picking a fight here, ok?

If you disagree, say so - I can take that. Please, don't call me ignorant - that's not cool.

As far as I'm concerned I'll stay waiting those 2-3 years to get my 3DS [or 3DS lite or whatever they have by then] and people can complain. That's not my problem, but I'm just letting you know - in my book, if every piece of information/hardware is out there and you're complaining, you have a problem.

Peace.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami357 said:
Then why the judging? Come on, I read at least 2 of your posts calling me [and my ideas] "ignorant". I didn't complain. I defended my point and pointed out that you have a problem. And suddenly you're saying that you wouldn't read anything past that, because of gauging someone's intelligence" or whatnot.

How is that supposed to be fair to me?

I never once tagged anyone as ignorant or unintelligent - I was just sharing my views. I can even accept if you think I'm ignorant, or illogical or something. How about extending me the same courtesy? I'm not picking a fight here, ok?

If you disagree, say so - I can take that. Please, don't call me ignorant - that's not cool.

As far as I'm concerned I'll stay waiting those 2-3 years to get my 3DS [or 3DS lite or whatever they have by then] and people can complain. That's not my problem, but I'm just letting you know - in my book, if every piece of information/hardware is out there and you're complaining, you have a problem.

Peace.
Well I wasn't calling you ignorant, just that one post, I thought about saying you were, but you're not. Either way, if this is the end of it, so be it.

Also, DudeWitTheFood, please don't quote the entire OP.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well, it's kind of sad to see that everybody is ranting at a 4 month old console.. just 4 months, what did you expect. I dunno about Rayman, but so far, I've played Samurai warriors for over 12 hours now. And it's a very enjoyable game, where the 3D actually has effect in, for example, the cutscenes. Splinter Cell wasn't bad. Although it's your very sole opinion, and also the one for many others, people are hyping the shit out of upcoming consoles, whereas they aren't that good either. Give the 3DS time to have good games. The DS wasn't top notch in its very early years either. It took almost 1 and a half year to have quallity games.

You can't judge a new handheld in it's early stages. It's like you are ranting because you might actually regret your purchase. Whatever the case is, I don't think you just can write it off like this already. I'm very sure that the PSvita won't be that good either in the early stages.

D

Deleted_171835

Another World said:
What is up with that damn 3DS splash screen? Does it really have to play before I launch everything? Do I really need to see it all the fucking time? By now I think I know the device in my hand is a 3DS and I’m 99% sure those around me also know it’s a 3DS because it looks only about 10% the same as the DS Lite/DSi. The rest that don’t know it’s a 3DS will probably not be looking over my shoulder at the exact moment that stupid splash screen plays anyways. So how about an option to turn off the splash screen, is tha tsking to much?
The splash screen is probably there to hide the fact that the application is loading. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Another World said:
The 3D indicator LED, it’s such a nice green color, but why in the hell does it always have to be on? It can become a bit distracting when playing in low light situations, after while you can’t stop noticing it. As I’ve slowly progressed back into design elements, what is up with the screen wobble? What, during months of testing not one single person noticed this? Why does the bottom screen leave marks on the top screen? I love having to keep the screen protector that shipped with the 3DS between my two screens. I have to ask again, no one fucking noticed this while testing? Why in the hell does the unit never power up after it has been off for a long time (weeks – because why play something that lacks fun software). Holding the power button does nothing, but then after holding it for like 20 seconds I can tap it for less than a second and it will boot up the 3DS. Shouldn’t the thing boot up the first time I press the button and every time I press the button?
I agree with you on pretty much all of these points. The 3DS feels like a work-in-progress. An incomplete system that was launched much too early. I don't know much about the nature of the system but, wouldn't it be possible for Nintendo to add an option to disable the 3D indicator light?

QUOTE(Another World @ Aug 1 2011, 07:03 PM)
What really pushed me over the edge today was that I updated my system memory and logged into the eShop. I grabbed the Nintendo Video application, mostly so I was sure that my ID was registered for the 20 free software titles but also because I was curious. 10 minutes later I was hitting up Google for answers on how to delete the vids, why I can’t choose what vids to grab, why all the vids are aimed at 8-14yr olds, why all the vids download (replacing each other when space is full) and not stream, and finally how to delete the application. Long story short (to late) the Nintendo Video application is 3D advertisement that adults will be much to informed to waste their time on. It’s a good thing Nintendo is targeting children not yet informed enough to make their own decisions, now they can pester Mum and Dad to pay for things they see via the Nintendo Video advertisement application.
One thing I've noticed about Nintendo is that they always tend to be behind the times. The inability to choose which videos to download, to delete videos or to stream them make the Nintendo Video application rather useless. To be honest, I don't see why Nintendo didn't just introduce a Youtube app. It has a much large video selection, doesn't cost a penny and supports 3D, for fucks sake.

The 3DS has a great amount of untapped potential. It disappoints me when Nintendo makes such silly decisions like mentioned above. I purchased the 3DS mostly because of the games mentioned at E3. If this continues, I may just sell it before said games come out.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
well, it's kind of sad to see that everybody is ranting at a 4 month old console.. just 4 months, what did you expect. I dunno about Rayman, but so far, I've played Samurai warriors for over 12 hours now. And it's a very enjoyable game, where the 3D actually has effect in, for example, the cutscenes. Splinter Cell wasn't bad. Although it's your very sole opinion, and also the one for many others, people are hyping the shit out of upcoming consoles, whereas they aren't that good either. Give the 3DS time to have good games. The DS wasn't top notch in its very early years either. It took almost 1 and a half year to have quallity games.

You can't judge a new handheld in it's early stages. It's like you are ranting because you might actually regret your purchase. Whatever the case is, I don't think you just can write it off like this already. I'm very sure that the PSvita won't be that good either in the early stages.
I agree, this is only the beginning.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, out of all the flaws that Nintendo has done on the software/hardware which can be corrected (3D light, Nintendo Video etc). I would like to say that nothing is perfect in this world. An ultimate mobile phone may even have flaws.

Anyway the 3DS is still quite early and HOPEFULLY we can see improvements as time goes by.

Shinigami357

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boktor666 said:

I agree. I can understand that there are some reasons that are legit [i/e/ bad service here and there, 3D tech not perfect, what have you], but since a gaming console's first and foremost reason for existence is to play games, and most launch games are more-or-less awkward attempts at feeling out the new tech, it's not really a surprise that they wouldn't be up to par.

Clearly, the 3DS has no super mario brothers or tetris or whatever to couple it at launch, but then again, what does? Some games you just have to wait for [SC2 is a good example]. The good stuff will come, sooner or later [hopefully sooner, but you can't have everything].

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami357 said:
boktor666 said:

I agree. I can understand that there are some reasons that are legit [i/e/ bad service here and there, 3D tech not perfect, what have you], but since a gaming console's first and foremost reason for existence is to play games, and most launch games are more-or-less awkward attempts at feeling out the new tech, it's not really a surprise that they wouldn't be up to par.

Clearly, the 3DS has no super mario brothers or tetris or whatever to couple it at launch, but then again, what does? Some games you just have to wait for [SC2 is a good example]. The good stuff will come, sooner or later [hopefully sooner, but you can't have everything].
Agreed, in the years to come it will get better and better.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree with 100% the 3ds is a joke to be honest , i thought it was gonna be good , but its rubbish , i don't own one my self and i'm sure glad i don't , would have been a waste of money , and i don't really wanna buy games that are remakes , the 3d part is a gimmick and from what i heard , you gotta view at a certain angle , the only reason i ever brought a dsl for cause of the touch screen and i had my choice of a psp but i went with the ds cause of the touch screen , and oh boy do i regret that choice , the 3ds game have shitty graphics and the games that come out for the psp are far better than the ones that come out for the ds , which are just boring. so my time with the nintendo is pretty much over , maybe i will get the wii u if it comes out before a ps4 is confirmed next year.

pspvita all the way , 3ds is the biggest joke and failure of nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later