Hardware 3DS XL Speculation

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
The 3DS screen is big enough for me. And I don't think this...hint? Will lead to anything. 7'' is too much for the screen.

Veho said:
trumpet-205 said:
7 inch is too much. The most I can take is 4.5 inch.
smileipb2.png

I lol'd

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i don't think people have to worry about the battery life if it gets a 7" 3D screen. chances are, bigger size comes with bigger compartments--more room to put in bigger & better batteries.

i'll be worried about heat & cooling though, but i don't think any Nintendo handhelds had been more than warm from long hours of playing. plus it'll be heavy, like playing with a notebook computer/mini-laptop. definite wrist strain.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
naruses said:
It could have a line on the middle of the screen that divides it into two scren it being

3.5*2=7
Diagonals don't work that way
ph34r.gif

A 7'' screen divided in two gives you two 4.85'' screens.

Which is even better, actually
nyanya.gif

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
7" is obviously far too big for a handheld, more likely they are refering to Nintendo's 3D screen attachment prototype for GameCube, or perhaps a new version of it for Wii. It would have been like a 3D version of the portable screen attachment for PSone:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PSone-wLCD-Screen.jpg
The prototype is mentioned in this Iwata Asks interview:
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interview.ht...do-3ds-made/0/0
QUOTE said:
Iwata:
To go back a little further, the Nintendo GameCube system actually had 3D-compatible circuitry built in.

Itoi:
Huh?

Iwata:
It had the potential for such functions.

Itoi:
Nintendo GameCube did? And all the Nintendo GameCubes systems around the world?

Iwata:
Yeah. If you fit it with a certain accessory, it could display 3D images.

Itoi:
What a secret!

Iwata:
Nintendo GameCube was released in 2001, exactly ten years ago. We’d been thinking about 3D for a long time even back then.

Itoi:
Why didn’t anyone ever know?

Iwata:
The liquid crystal for it was still expensive. Simply put, Nintendo GameCube could display 3D images if you attached a special LCD, but that special liquid crystal was really expensive back then.

Itoi:
Yeah, we’re talking about ten years ago.

Iwata:
We couldn’t have done it without selling it for a price far above that of the Nintendo GameCube system, itself! We already had a game for it, though—Luigi’s Mansion, simultaneously released with Nintendo GameCube.

Itoi:
The one in which Luigi shoulders a vacuum cleaner?

Iwata:
Yeah, that one. We had a functional version of that in 3D.

Itoi:
That was 3D?

Miyamoto:
It would jump out at you pretty nicely.

Iwata:
Even without special glasses, the 3D looked pretty good. But we considered how much the liquid crystal would cost, and it was just too expensive. We figured the market just wasn’t there for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol