Johan2015

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've recently gotten a 3DS XL, with Gateway, and had a few questions:

1) I want to play DS (old) backups, but it seems i need to either Downgrade,CFW, or a ds flashcard? Is this correct?

2) I'd like to stay away from downgrading, since it got a moderate chance of bricking the 3ds.

3) Would I need anything to install cfw? I got a 4GB SD (gotten with the system) and an 32GB MicroSD

4) Are there any good GBA Emulators?

5) Are there any good homebrew movie players? Id hate to cut my stuff up in 10 minute chunks.

I use SYSNAND 9.0.20E and EMUNAND latest (9.5.23E i think?)

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
1) You need a DS Flashcard. That's not blacklisted on the 3DS firmware you're using.

2) OK. Your loss. But you can't use CFW without downgrading, as the way to access the CFW needs you to downgrade as it uses the DS profile exploit. :P

3) I used this tutorial :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...r-firmware-to-cfw-4-5-without-gateway.378371/
It requires an SD card and a DS Flashcard, there's another method that doesn't need a DS flashcard.

There's only one GBA emulator as far as I know. And it's not that good yet.

5) Are there any good homebrew movie players? Id hate to cut my stuff up in 10 minute chunks.
I think there's one now, haven't used it. I don't think it has support for 3D movies either.

Well, since you have emuNAND, and you haven't downgraded yet, I'd assume you have a gateway?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1) You need a DS Flashcard. That's not blacklisted on the 3DS firmware you're using.

2) OK. Your loss. But you can't use CFW without downgrading, as the way to access the CFW needs you to downgrade as it uses the DS profile exploit. :P

3) I used this tutorial :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...r-firmware-to-cfw-4-5-without-gateway.378371/
It requires an SD card and a DS Flashcard, there's another method that doesn't need a DS flashcard.

There's only one GBA emulator as far as I know. And it's not that good yet.

I think there's one now, haven't used it. I don't think it has support for 3D movies either.

Well, since you have emuNAND, and you haven't downgraded yet, I'd assume you have a gateway?
Precisely. What would be the point of CFW if he has GW?

Johan2015

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, i use gateway. I just want to be able to play DS backups without buying a DS flashcard. I thought when you downgraded, you could do that? How high is the chance of bricking?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've recently gotten a 3DS XL, with Gateway, and had a few questions:

1) I want to play DS (old) backups, but it seems i need to either Downgrade,CFW, or a ds flashcard? Is this correct?

2) I'd like to stay away from downgrading, since it got a moderate chance of bricking the 3ds.

3) Would I need anything to install cfw? I got a 4GB SD (gotten with the system) and an 32GB MicroSD

The only way to play DS backups is using a DS flashcard. No way around it.
If you have the blue card that comes with GW, just install the whitelisting flashcardtimewarp.cia in your system nand and it will work.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) If you don't want to downgrade, you have to install flashcardtimewarp.cia on your sysnand, can't link it here tough.

3) You don't need the cfw if you already have a Gateway, except if you want to extract your pre-6.X retail games saves.

4) Nope, get a dstwo for that

5) Dunno

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Just install flashcard time warp, that will let you use the blue card on 9.0, easiest way to go about it without downgrading and having to deal with save encryption changes for retail games etc

Reactions: MrJason005

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
download this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/
do this
whitelist.png

Copy the launcher.dat to a sd that doesn't have emunand setup on it and install the CIA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay