3DS XL from Nintendo Store

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by combine1237, Oct 23, 2013.

1. combine1237
    OP

combine1237 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2013
    United States
    Somewhere
    Hello, I have been looking into a 3ds for a while now, and have come across the nintendo store where the price of an official refurbished 3ds xl is 155 after shipping and before tax. I already know ocarina of time would just about sell the system for me and pokemon X/Y has just about sealed the deal. Just a couple questions if anybody knows.

Does anyone know if the 3ds's are reliable to get from them?

Are they reliable quality?

Anyone know what firmware they have?

Is this a bad deal, because I was hoping to get this before the holidays?

Is the xl too big to take with me on the go? I already love my wii u gamepad wireless streaming and it is my main device around the house.

Link
    https://store.nintendo.com/webapp/w...atalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=70706

Thanks

2. aiat_gamer

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    They should be reliable, since they are OFFICIAL!
    I fyou want to put it in your pocket then it might be kind of hard.

3. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    I've walked around with it in my jeans pocket in the shops, so it's fine, though you have no chance of running with it lol

4. Blazer

Blazer GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2008
    United States
    If you're big on keeping it in your pockets, the smaller/normal version might be the one to go, but it's not IMPOSSIBLE, and if you keep any bags on you or anything you could try putting your XL in there instead of your pockets.

Either way if you're carrying a 3DS you're probably going to want to be careful how you move with that... and be weary of a potentially significant bulge on your sides, haha.

As for quality/deals, can't say, but there's potential for a slightly cheaper 3DS/3DS XL in the next month, sure. Maybe on Black Friday, who knows, but it probably won't be more than $10 cheaper than the normal price if that... there are a lot of awesome 3DS games so if you have the time to play it I would just get it now and enjoy, but that's just what I would do

5. combine1237
    OP

combine1237 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2013
    United States
    Somewhere
    Thank you and sorry for the late response, had to get something done. So the general consensus is that a 3ds xl is better for gaming than a 3ds, and it does not pixelate games too much (pokemon x/y, OOT, and monster hunter 3 U or 4).

So after taxes:

a refurbished 3ds xl from nintendo would cost $167

3ds xl New from most retailers: $217

3ds refurbished would be $125 from nintendo store

Is the 40 dollar price gap between the 3ds and the xl worth it, and would I be better off waiting for a new model to go on sale before making the decision are my main concerns now.

Nintendo store link:

https://store.nintendo.com/webapp/w...Total=&tranId=0&jktranid=&rpComment=&dropOff=

6. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    The xl is portable, it fits in my super skinny jeans(it sticks out for a tiny bit) and its made of greay quality. ^_^ I say 3DS XL!

7. combine1237
    OP

combine1237 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2013
    United States
    Somewhere
    Do you notice any pixel gaps on the games you play on xl?