Hacking 3DS XL analog stick broken...

IMRAN_PETER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
worth noting....its the rubber part broken not the actual analogue stick.........afaik, you cant actually remove the rubber stick part from the console
buddy, should I use Super Glue to stick it? Or, should I buy another one of analog nob plastic? Where can I get that specific part, specially very good quality..? Also, can I replace it without tearing my 3DS XL?

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The damage looks pretty similar to mine. The only real difference is that entire plastic circle that sits just inside the rubber is broken off on mine. Does the 3DS still register the stick's movement? If it does work, I recommend clearing any loose plastic from the break. That way you can at least still get some mileage out of it in the interim

Here's a pic of my broken pad and the slide stick: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/eg8nr9ymojkt9b5/AAB-yJwlwmqkdiWhcj6HPxUva

IMRAN_PETER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
The damage looks pretty similar to mine. The only real difference is that entire plastic circle that sits just inside the rubber is broken off on mine. Does the 3DS still register the stick's movement? If it does work, I recommend clearing any loose plastic from the break. That way you can at least still get some mileage out of it in the interim

Here's a pic of my broken pad and the slide stick: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/eg8nr9ymojkt9b5/AAB-yJwlwmqkdiWhcj6HPxUva
yeah buddy, the stick works, just the plastic broken...

In the morning, I temporarily glued(normal glue) the stick.

Isy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Buddies, my 3DS XL analog stick just broken.

Heres the remains,
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dy6rh0&s=8

I am thinking of using Super Glue to stick the plastic and analog rubber grip together. Would it be good idea?
Or what could be the best possible way to fix it? Where could I get best quality analog nob?

Thanks in advance...

If you want an original replacement you can salvage one from a circle pad pro XL. It's identical.

Reactions: IMRAN_PETER

IMRAN_PETER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I will give feedback on the quality of the Amazon one when I get it...:)

If you want an original replacement you can salvage one from a circle pad pro XL. It's identical.
thanks for suggestion buddy. Built quality of the cap of original analog nob wasn't really good(my one broken into 4 pieces even though I played carefully, might be because of monster hunter 3U...:D). So, not looking forward to original one.

Reactions: eggsample

HeavyWeaponsGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did something that kinda helped me, I taken one of those tweezers and pulled it up, then I taken a bit of cotton and placed it below the stick, and finally glue'd the gray Rubber back, worked like a charm!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.