ROM Hack 3DS Windows Explorer extension

megatallica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So Ive altered the Source to include the 3ds banner, let me know what you guys think

New.jpg

PS. The latest source is missing 2 cpp files, this was based on version 1.3

Reactions: Sirius64

mrgames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wanna continue using this, the results are absolutely stunning, but when I do upon any interaction with the backups my computer freezes . First the pics are generated/loaded then bam frozen/unresponsive speed. I've read other posts attributing it to windows 8.1/eset security, of which I use both, I'm also using an external hd to house the backups. Any help would definitely be appreciated.

nosklo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How does it work? I've read the code and it seems it keeps a database of images? Where are the images from, is there a cover database for the 3DS somewhere? I'd like to use it to make a new multiplatform rom manager.

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How does it work? I've read the code and it seems it keeps a database of images? Where are the images from, is there a cover database for the 3DS somewhere? I'd like to use it to make a new multiplatform rom manager.
It pulls data from parts of the ROM file, puts it in Windows-readable format and loads an image if the ID from the game matches. Images are added manually, I've been maintaining the image database, see my signature or post #130 for more info.

nosklo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It pulls data from parts of the ROM file, puts it in Windows-readable format and loads an image if the ID from the game matches. Images are added manually, I've been maintaining the image database, see my signature or post #130 for more info.

Ok, so the image database is being maintained by hand from a single person. Thanks for your hard work!

I initially thought it was possible to extract the game icon from the rom itself, or maybe the banner, but it seems you must decrypt the rom first, and that is not possbile without the correct xorpad. (not entirely sure on that info, if someone knows better please educate me)

Maybe we could turn your database into something more manageable, like http://www.gametdb.com/ does with wii; That would allow everybody to help keep it up to date.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
not sure if its already been pointed out, but the titleID displayed for CIA files is malformed...eg mario 3D land is 0004000000053F00, but the title ID shown for the Cia format is 003F050000000400

not sure if the creator is still updating this program though

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Box art update
2015-02-10

Majora's Mask and a dozen other popular games. Feel free to request games without box art / information HERE

eg mario 3D land is 0004000000053F00, but the title ID shown for the Cia format is 003F050000000400
Title ID shown is pulled from the CIA itself, so likely a modified CIA. I added it to today's update, so it should be working now. Send me a message if it doesn't.

danzou22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rctgamer3 today I copy the set.zip content where I have the rest of the images and files from this extension, but in the case of Zelda Majora's Mask I see the text but not the image. If I change the name of this game to other but the original (ctr-ajrp) the image shows correctly, I dont understand why xD
Btw thanks for updating this!

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rctgamer3 today I copy the set.zip content where I have the rest of the images and files from this extension, but in the case of Zelda Majora's Mask I see the text but not the image. If I change the name of this game to other but the original (ctr-ajrp) the image shows correctly, I dont understand why xD
Btw thanks for updating this!
The set.zip isn't always up to date. It includes all boxarts to date, but it's a hassle of keeping it up to date, so the boxartsinfo is more recent most of the time. As for the image not showing, have you killed explorer or restarted your computer afterwards? The cache isn't updated unless you restart Explorer.

danzou22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The set.zip isn't always up to date. It includes all boxarts to date, but it's a hassle of keeping it up to date, so the boxartsinfo is more recent most of the time. As for the image not showing, have you killed explorer or restarted your computer afterwards? The cache isn't updated unless you restart Explorer.
Thats its, restarting explorer fix it. Thanks for asking :)

ccuevasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Box art update
2015-02-10

Majora's Mask and a dozen other popular games. Feel free to request games without box art / information HERE

Title ID shown is pulled from the CIA itself, so likely a modified CIA. I added it to today's update, so it should be working now. Send me a message if it doesn't.

He is saying that the extraction of the Title ID from CIAs is not correct. It is messed.

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It doesn't work... I'm on W7 64bits and when I run the "install.bat" as Admin, it close instantly!
I choose the 64bits 1.5.3 version...
What can I do? :(

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It doesn't work... I'm on W7 64bits and when I run the "install.bat" as Admin, it close instantly!
I choose the 64bits 1.5.3 version...
What can I do? :(
Don't run as admin, and run install.bat from cmd, not directly.
He is saying that the extraction of the Title ID from CIAs is not correct. It is messed.
There's nothing wrong with Title ID extraction, my OR/AS rom header was detected as the one listed on essh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-