ROM Hack 3DS Windows Explorer extension

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This project was fun to contribute to, but it's dead. rom-properties (https://github.com/GerbilSoft/rom-properties) is much easier to set up and no hassle with box art databases involved.
It actually does use online artwork databases, but the images are downloaded on demand (unless disabled in rp-config).

Databases used:
Note that GameCube discs have an internal banner image (displayed on the "Press Start" screen on an actual GameCube), and DS/3DS games have an internal icon, so if downloading is disabled, those images are used instead. Priority can also be adjusted using the rp-config tool.

Reactions: Asia81

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does that work?
Because I don't see any images.
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/20/4/1526582172-eur.png
Is the shell extension registered correctly? Run the installer again to verify, and check that the "ROM Properties" tab shows up in file properties.

For 3DS, you can also have it extract the ROM's internal icon instead of downloading boxart, but you'd need to have keys set up in %APPDATA%\rom-properties\keys.conf . I can't post the keys file here, but if you search Google, there's a pastebin with keys.conf for rom-properties available.

Reactions: Asia81

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn, this is a good tool, shame I didn't know it before, work for many isos I see (ds, gc, wii...).
I just noticed it doesn't work on .wux compressed wiiu iso files

Reactions: chronoss

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, this is a good tool, shame I didn't know it before, work for many isos I see (ds, gc, wii...).
I just noticed it doesn't work on .wux compressed wiiu iso files
There's an issue filed for .wux. I haven't gotten around to getting a .wux file for testing.

I might also add Switch support in 1.4, since GameTDB has a Switch database now.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why some art boxarts, and other icons?
180517093241745236.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doesn't work for SNES, N64, GB, GBC and GBA?

Also, this is corrupting some of my other windows thumbnails, like rar files.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why some art boxarts, and other icons?

Doesn't work for SNES, N64, GB, GBC and GBA?

Also, this is corrupting some of my other windows thumbnails, like rar files.
I don't have any online databases for those systems. Also, early GB(C) and SNES titles don't have a reliable Game ID in the header, which makes it harder to retrieve the information.

I haven't noticed any corruption for RAR files here. Can you post a screenshot?

EDIT: rom-properties falls back to the internal icon if the boxart isn't available for some reason. (This can be configured in rp-config.) Regarding the Pokémon games: Those are "technically" region-free; the last character in the game ID is "A". I thought I had it set to use US as a fallback, but that apparently isn't working.

Can you file an issue on https://github.com/GerbilSoft/rom-properties/issues with a smaller screenshot showing a ROM that has boxart and a ROM that only shows an icon, along with the game ID for both?

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: 3DS boxart issues

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to file an issue for .rar, too. That one's odd, because rom-properties doesn't register itself for the .rar filetype.

EddyBrual12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Screenshot (75).png

It works really really great. But I have a slight problem. Some games does't show their SMDH. Those 3 Yo-Kai Watch games are trimmed before they were converted to cia format. Does trimming affect the SMDH appearances? There are also some games that I dumped from Freeshop and they were affected too.

Last edited by EddyBrual12,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lo