Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Look at dat ass.
Sorry mate, I can appreciate the sexy ass, but trying to convince anyone that the 3DS generates graphics that are anywhere near as complex as those the Vita is capable of generating is like trying to convince people that despite overwhelming evidence the Earth is actually flat.

I can see the purdy textures but I can also look past them and see rather simple models.

As for the No Folders picture, it's quite funny. Not that anyone really *needs* the folders as they don't really play any important role in the overall scheme of things but alright, the 3DS has folders. :)
It's the EoF.
GASP! Expressing personal opinions is forbidden now? I'll be a good boy from now on and shush!

PML ;O;

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
You'll enjoy Yahtzee's review of the game. I did, that's for sure. For reference.

Also, people bitch to shit about Mario Kart 7. I didn't see to many hot reviews compared to the DS or Wii versions.

And I never saw why people gave a shit about Kid Icarus Uprising. It's not like Kid Icarus was a fantastic series that mysteriously fell into an alternate dimension for almost 20 years to the joy of all five fans of the original.
I'll just throw in my two cents, since this is EOF and all I actually don't care about what kind of flaming I'm going to get by saying this.

Mario Kart 7 is without a doubt the best MK game released since Double Dash for the gamecube, not only thanks to the very good online system but also thanks to it's new driving mechanics.
I absolutely hated MK for the DS and Wii, so I don't see how those in any way could be better at all. More characters doesn't equal a better game.

Unlike Mario Kart Wii this title is very competitive and balanced, when it comes to item selection they got rid with stupid items like the POW block or the mega mushroom and replaced them with items that actually made more sense, the raccoon tail with it's ranged melee attacks, the fire flower that allows you to throw a big amount of fireballs though balancing it by dealing little damage to other racers.

Now power sliding, that's were the major advancements have been made IMO, unlike the glitchy DS snaking or the timed Wii slide, this time around it increases in power depending on the how narrow you're making your turn, meaning that the more you turn the more you build up your boost. This results in you getting full control over your kart when turning.

The courses are varied and better designed than the huge ass Wii tracks.

You receive notifications when someones playing online and you can instantly join them, you can keep track off how many times you've beaten/lost to a friend during online matches, you can play in communities and the list goes on.

Also I don't know if it's just me but shells are easier than ever to dodge, either by taking a "drive of the cliff suicide", using a starman or more commonly using a mushroom. But if you don't like that there's another feature that allows you to switch up the item selection to shells only etc.

You shouldn't rely on reviews guild, many reviewers don't play the games for more than a couple of hours before they start writing.
The same reason why KI got flamed for it's unusual control scheme, it takes time to get used to, it's not necessary to use the stand.
If you actually would hold your system with straighten relaxed fingers you shouldn't end up with cramp hands or whatever. If you still can't play it because your so slow at adapting to something you can always get one of those thumb styluses for your right hand thumb, it even says so in the loading screens!

Who cares if no one knew about Pit?
The game is still a blast to play, it's very polished, full of content, I mean the soundtrack is dynamically orchestrated and over 3hrs long, something that really shows how much work went in to this.

If someone doesn't like the game it's due to personal preference, not because of the title falling short.

I didn't play the originals in my youth despite owning the NES and I honestly disliked Brawl, I along with the majority of KI owners would have gotten the game regardless if it had "Captain Ass" or Pit as the main character.

Reactions: 3 people

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
You'll enjoy Yahtzee's review of the game. I did, that's for sure. For reference.

Also, people bitch to shit about Mario Kart 7. I didn't see to many hot reviews compared to the DS or Wii versions.

And I never saw why people gave a shit about Kid Icarus Uprising. It's not like Kid Icarus was a fantastic series that mysteriously fell into an alternate dimension for almost 20 years to the joy of all five fans of the original.
I'll just throw in my two cents, since this is EOF and all I actually don't care about what kind of flaming I'm going to get by saying this.

Mario Kart 7 is without a doubt the best MK game released since Double Dash for the gamecube, not only thanks to the very good online system but also thanks to it's new driving mechanics.
I absolutely hated MK for the DS and Wii, so I don't see how those in any way could be better at all. More characters doesn't equal a better game.

Unlike Mario Kart Wii this title is very competitive and balanced, when it comes to item selection they got rid with stupid items like the POW block or the mega mushroom and replaced them with items that actually made more sense, the raccoon tail with it's ranged melee attacks, the fire flower that allows you to throw a big amount of fireballs though balancing it by dealing little damage to other racers.

Now power sliding, that's were the major advancements have been made IMO, unlike the glitchy DS snaking or the timed Wii slide, this time around it increases in power depending on the how narrow you're making your turn, meaning that the more you turn the more you build up your boost. This results in you getting full control over your kart when turning.

You receive notifications when someones playing online and you can instantly join them, you can keep track off how many times you've beaten/lost to a friend during online matches, you can play in communities and the list goes on.

Also I don't know if it's just me but shells are easier than ever to dodge, either by taking a "drive of the cliff suicide", using a starman or more commonly using a mushroom. But if you don't like that there's another feature that allows you to switch up the item selection to shells only etc.

You shouldn't rely on reviews guild, many reviewers don't play the games for more than a couple of hours before they start writing.
The same reason why KI got flamed for it's unusual control scheme, it takes time to get used to, it's not necessary to use the stand.
If you actually would hold your system with straighten relaxed fingers you shouldn't end up with cramp hands or whatever. If you still can't play it because your so slow at adapting to something you can always get one of those thumb styluses for your right hand thumb, it even says so in the loading screens!

Ho cares if no one knew about Pit?
The game is still a blast to play, it's very polished, full of content, I mean the soundtrack is dynamically orchestrated and over 3hrs long, something that really shows how much work went in to this.

If someone doesn't like the game it's due to personal preference, not because of the title falling short.

I didn't play the originals in my youth despite owning the NES and I honestly disliked Brawl, I along with the majority of KI owners would have gotten the game regardless if it had "Captain Ass" or Pit as the main character.
BAN!
This content is not acceptable for the EOF!

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

Ho cares if no one knew about Pit?

If sum1 dznt liekz teh gaym iz doo 2 persnalz prefrenz, no becauez of teh tittle fall'n shortz.

BAN!
This content is not acceptable for the EOF!
better?

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool chicks dig the 3DS. Ditch the uptight high maintenance ones ;)

tumblr_lrivf3Dmtt1qidjujo1_400.jpg

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol here we go again.