3DS video in 3d

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by dragonhan, Apr 6, 2011.

Apr 6, 2011

3DS video in 3d by dragonhan at 6:47 AM (1,101 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. dragonhan
    OP

Newcomer dragonhan Member

United States
    So as you all know the more you slide the (3d slide) the more the 2 pictures of the game move apart creating the illusion of 3d and allowing you to look for your preferred 3d viewing condition of a game or photo, but it appears that video in the other hand only has 2 modes (no 3d and 3d) and moving the 3d slide wont do anything but turn the 3d on and off. my question is what if the 3d of the video is not of your liking or like is too much for you or too little?
    and will this happen with game trailers and such?

2. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    you forgot to consider that maybe this specific "OK GO" 3D video just doesn't support varied depths.
    It might be present on future movies, it might not. we're not sure. besides, companies should already know about the customizable depth so they may convert their movies following that paradigm.

3. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    Someone said that only rendered stuff (i.e. games, graphics,etc.) can have varied depths while premade stuff (i.e. videos, picture) only have 3D and 2D. idk, just read somewhere on the forums. Interesting theory though.

4. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    im not sure what im talking about but I think the codec/s present in the 3DS will do rendering depending on the data passed by the file(which is a movie).

5. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    actually ANY pre-recorded material can only be viewed in 2D or the pre-recorded level of 3D. It can not be adjusted at all. Not possible with this tech.

Only games can use the 3D slider as it is all rendered in real-time.

You will also notice ARGAMES is a straight 2d/3D jump.

Photos are also like this. Once you take the photo witht the 3DS the pictures can be adjusted to a limit of overlap, you can also adjust this before taking the picture.

Movies are fully pre-recorded. They are directed to look a certain way and that is how you will see it.
    if you record a movie when we get the ability in the May update this will likely be FIXED 3D, same as with any other 3D movie. We may be able to adjust the two files before pressing play, same way we can with photos, but I doubt Nintendo will bother with the programming needed for it.

6. dragonhan
    OP

Newcomer dragonhan Member

United States
    i hope in the future we can add our own 3d footage on to the 3ds