ROM Hack 3DS Video BETA

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tested this with Imax under the sea since that movie has extreme 3d going on and I ran into audio problems. the sound works for a bit and then stutters non stop. if i pause , it works again but then it stutters after a couple of seconds. is there a way to fix the sound problem?

by the way--Under the Sea looks so darn awesome still on the 3ds. Too bad the 3ds resolution is low cause it somewhat weakened the 3d effect and depth perception (my 3dtv looks way more realistic and had a stonger illusion of depth).

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nice app, just converted Kung Fu Panda 2 3D (mkv = 7gb file), took just under 4 hours to complete.

End result, 10 files = 3.52gb (Each file varies from average or 400/300mb per file)

Copied to 3DS and it plays fine, however the only downfall is that the 3DS doesn't sort by the file name.

So if you haven't watched the movie before, you have to work out what the next file to play.

Moving forward, I'm going to go convert more 3D movies and it would be nice to somehow work out how to sort out the date creation issue so that the 3DS will sort the files in the correct order.

Other than that, great app.

BelowZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Is there really no way at the moment to use compression so:
1) The filesize is smaller

or

is there really no way to convert quicker?

By the way, awesome work SifJar and Spinal. :)

EDIT: Oh, and SifJar, don't do it if it's too much work, or anything, but is it possible to have multiple files being converted at the same time? I.e a batch?

Can I make a suggestion. Is there any way of putting in a way to amplify the audio? I ask as I have been using another program to get the audio amplified.

At this point, considering other options are starting to appear etc., I probably won't be adding more stuff to it. Sorry :( I might try and add some stuff, but batch conversion would probably require quite a lot of work, and considering I don't even have a 3DS so can't make use of this myself, I really don't want to invest too much time into it.
It's OK... you're still really awesome.

Valfore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i've just converted my blu-ray 3D rip of Harry Potter 7 Part 2, figured i'd open the VID_0001 in media player classic to see what they turned out like quality-wise, and i see no visual differences from a 2D version, is it suppose to be that way?, im getting my 3DS tomorrow so i cant exactly try it out right now

17Boobert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It will look 2D on a 2D display, yes. If you have done it correctly though it will show as 3D on the 3DS screen. I have converted Beauty and the Beast 3d and it looks amazing on the 3DS, swapping the files every 10 minutes is very quick and not much of a pain either.

olijack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly I want to say thanks for this great tool there may be other options appearing as you put it but for me yours is the best that I have tried so far :)

Now having said that I do have a small problem in that I have a couple of files that I am trying to convert where the 3D comes out the wrong way (back to front so to speak) I have tried using the mirror checkbox assuming that was the option I needed to reverse the fields but it still comes back with the video the wrong way round the same as without the checkbox ticked.

Has anyone else come across this or had success?

Mp3Markel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks SifJar for creating this tool! I just converted a 3D video and it is playing nicely!
My only question for anyone is, how to you get rid of the bottom right hand information while the video is playing on the 3DS? Am I playing the videos right by going to view photos/videos and just pressing A on the thumbnail? It would be amazing if Nintendo made a specific video player! I would use the slideshow option to view all the 10min clips at once but for some reason it will only play the music Nintendo provides in slideshow mode instead of the video's audio :( TIA!

famevn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks SifJar for creating this tool! I just converted a 3D video and it is playing nicely!
My only question for anyone is, how to you get rid of the bottom right hand information while the video is playing on the 3DS? Am I playing the videos right by going to view photos/videos and just pressing A on the thumbnail? It would be amazing if Nintendo made a specific video player! I would use the slideshow option to view all the 10min clips at once but for some reason it will only play the music Nintendo provides in slideshow mode instead of the video's audio :( TIA!

You can choose Edit Video and watch. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning