Homebrew 3DS Update 10.3.0-28 released

Eskuero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then, if I want to update to 10.3, I need to reinstall Ironhax. But which version should I use? I´m on 10.1 now. Do I choose 10.1 on the Ironhax installer, or 10.3 since I want to update the console later?
My question is:
LYFB3IL.jpg

Now I´m on 10.1. Ironfall 1.1. Which number do I select here?
After doing this, I will update the console to 10.3, not before.

You must choose 10.3
Remember to choose OLD if it's O3DS and NEW only if it's N3DS. Also make sure you select correctly your region (EUR or USA). Once done the update of the system there's no comeback. However just wait for someone else to confirm my words.

Reactions: Drek_blood

Ikki Barri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi if he say Payload updated, where can i download this? and the payload is the starter pack? I new to this and I just intsalled Ninjhax like 4 days ago on 10.2 :)

The payload is part of the starter pack.

For Ironhax to run on 10.3 with eshop access if you already have ironhax installed - Get the latest starter pack from Smealeum's github http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ Transfer the files in that starter pack to your internal 3ds card, overwriting what's already there. Put the sd card back in your 3DS! Run Ironhax to gain access to the homebrew launcher. Run the ironhax installer again. Choose a different gamesave slot to the one you were previously using. Choose your console, region etc and set the version to 10.3. Let it do its thing. Then you can update the 3DS firmware to 10.3.

Install the new payload (just means install the expolit again using the new starter pack files) BEFORE you update to 10.3 firmware @TrapperKeeperX . If you stay on 10.2, ironhax won't load. I don't know if setting the firmware to 10.2 on installation would fix that issue, but I think you are now forced to update to 10.3 3DS firmware unless you can access the homebrew launcher via another entrypoint to install for 10.2.

That's for Ironhax.

For Cubic Ninja (Ninjhax), there's a new QR code and files to install the new payload etc http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys i'm new here. Right now i'm using 10.1 on O3ds and i only have themehax.
I got this one running right after tube was patched and now this is pretty much the only thing that's running for me.

Is this force update thing going to prevent me from accessing pokebank as well? thanks

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys i'm new here. Right now i'm using 10.1 on O3ds and i only have themehax.
I got this one running before browserhax was banned and now this is pretty much the only thing that's running for me.

Is this force update thing going to prevent me from accessing pokebank as well? thanks
yes. if you can be patient, I suggest staying on 10.1 for now, as I'm sure smea (or yellows8 or someone) will get around the changes Nintendo as done.

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course, just want to know more info about this cause i'm not as advanced as you all :D

Hans was a new thing and just introduced in v10.2 that smea released a week ago right?

Also is there any chance that i could get an ironhax through getting other's saved data and just copy it to my sd? sorry if my questions's a bit dumb, just want to make sure if it's a possiblity since i dont have one but from what i read almost everyone seems to have a backup of it somehow

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hans was a new thing and just introduced in v10.2 that smea released a week ago right?
yes, it's new with *hax 2.5
Also is there any chance that i could get an ironhax through getting other's saved data and just copy it to my sd? sorry if my questions's a bit dumb, just want to make sure if it's a possiblity since i dont have one but from what i read almost everyone seems to have a backup of it somehow
if you're talking about copying things inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder for use in another system, no you can't do that. files there are encrypted per-system.
if you have Ironfall 1.0/1.1 downloaded for your 3DS, you need another method to run homebrew to install ironhax. if you don't have that, you can't get an old Ironfall unfortunately.

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes, it's new with *hax 2.5

if you're talking about copying things inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder for use in another system, no you can't do that. files there are encrypted per-system.
if you have Ironfall 1.0/1.1 downloaded for your 3DS, you need another method to run homebrew to install ironhax. if you don't have that, you can't get an old Ironfall unfortunately.

Ah thanks i got it now. Isn't Ironhax available to buy on eshop? or wasn't it ninjahax?

I'm just trying to find other methods to run homebrew besides themehax cause seems like it's hardly mentioned here (or i missed the post)

Is the same thing regarding Ironfall goes to Ninjahax as well?

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah thanks i got it now. Isn't Ironhax available to buy on eshop? or wasn't it ninjahax?

I'm just trying to find other methods to run homebrew besides themehax cause seems like it's hardly mentioned here (or i missed the post)

You cant download cubic ninja on eshop, and yes, you will find ironfall but you cant install ironhax because nintendo has patched it.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is, but it's 1.2, so you can't use that for homebrew anymore.
Ocarina of Time 3D (oot3dhax)? the cartridge version is quite rare these days I think, though you can use it as an alternative for homebrew. or you could buy it digitally but I don't recommend it, because you have menuhax right now.
ninjhax exploited Cubic Ninja's QR code level sharing feature. it's also a retail-only game (at least outside of Japan). it doesn't need other homebrew exploits to be used.

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You cant download cubic ninja on eshop, and yes, you will find ironfall but you cant install ironhax because nintendo has patched it.

it is, but it's 1.2, so you can't use that for homebrew anymore.

Ocarina of Time 3D (oot3dhax)? the cartridge version is quite rare these days I think, though you can use it as an alternative for homebrew. or you could buy it digitally but I don't recommend it, because you have menuhax right now.

ninjhax exploited Cubic Ninja's QR code level sharing feature. it's also a retail-only game (at least outside of Japan). it doesn't need other homebrew exploits to be used.

Oh wow ok I got this now, thanks guys for explaining that to me!

Ok i'll stick around with the themehax for sure since that's my own way to access homebrew atm. Thanks again guys! :D

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to gateway user. But just updated emuNand to GW3D 10.3 today, and my multi rom menu is not working now.

Anyway to solve this issue?

Thanks!

From what I can gather, this is a known issue and I don't think there's a fix for it. Sorry buddy. :(
Incorrect. There is a fix. Format EmuNand partition. It places a new EmuNand at SysNand version. Then I'm not sure what to do if you want to update to a specific firmware...

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to tell if I have the latest payload properly installed? I grabbed the starter.zip from smealum's Homebrew tutorial site, dragged them to my 3DS' microSD card, and replaced all the files in the destination. I then booted into Menuhax, booted into the Ironhax Exploit Installer and reinstalled it on all three save files, then went back and uninstalled/reinstalled Menuhax. For some reason, the date at the top when booting into *hax is displayed as 11-03-15 like the last release was.

Did smealum forget to change the date up there and am I good, or did I miss something?

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there an easy way to tell if I have the latest payload properly installed? I grabbed the starter.zip from smealum's Homebrew tutorial site, dragged them to my 3DS' microSD card, and replaced all the files in the destination. I then booted into Menuhax, booted into the Ironhax Exploit Installer and reinstalled it on all three save files, then went back and uninstalled/reinstalled Menuhax. For some reason, the date at the top when booting into *hax is displayed as 11-03-15 like the last release was.

Did smealum forget to change the date up there and am I good, or did I miss something?
I installed the starter kit today and it is displaying 11-03-15 for me too. Everything is working fine.

jonfox_sv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The payload is part of the starter pack.

For Ironhax to run on 10.3 with eshop access if you already have ironhax installed - Get the latest starter pack from Smealeum's github http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ Transfer the files in that starter pack to your internal 3ds card, overwriting what's already there. Put the sd card back in your 3DS! Run Ironhax to gain access to the homebrew launcher. Run the ironhax installer again. Choose a different gamesave slot to the one you were previously using. Choose your console, region etc and set the version to 10.3. Let it do its thing. Then you can update the 3DS firmware to 10.3.

Install the new payload (just means install the expolit again using the new starter pack files) BEFORE you update to 10.3 firmware @TrapperKeeperX . If you stay on 10.2, ironhax won't load. I don't know if setting the firmware to 10.2 on installation would fix that issue, but I think you are now forced to update to 10.3 3DS firmware unless you can access the homebrew launcher via another entrypoint to install for 10.2.

That's for Ironhax.

For Cubic Ninja (Ninjhax), there's a new QR code and files to install the new payload etc http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth