3DS System Version 2.1.0-3E Released!

Nollog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
No idea what's new, but my 3DS asked me to update when I tried going to the eShop.
Probably to do with either ridge racer's bug, or Club Nintendo phishing.

--Acekard 2i still loading.

Update:
QUOTE said:
Latest System Update and System Feature Update:

June 15, 2011
Nintendo 3DS Menu 2.1.0-3U

Included in this update:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments to enhance user experience

A correction for the screen freeze symptom experienced in the Ridge Racer 3D game

You can receive automatic updates when a wireless internet connection is available. When the download is complete, you will receive a dialog on the HOME Menu detailing the steps to install the update

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated here too. 2.1.0-3U here in the states. No noticable differences to me yet.

Edit: For everyone's info, it was not an automatic update, it prompted first.

D

Deleted User

Possibly just a fix for the Ridge Racer bug. Didn't they say it would be available 'later' this month?

edit -- Changelog:
nikola987 said:

June 15, 2011

Included in this update:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments to enhance user experience

A correction for the screen freeze symptom experienced in the Ridge Racer 3D game

You can receive automatic updates when a wireless internet connection is available. When the download is complete, you will receive a dialog on the HOME Menu detailing the steps to install the update
source: http://gbatemp.net/t297234-2-0-0-2-update-...t&p=3717961

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Just an interesting side-note, if you parental controls enabled (even with no restrictions set), the system will ask for a pin before the update starts.

That could be a nice feature to keep people from accidentally updating your system.

BTW-that was a fast update!

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Takeshi said:
Possibly just a fix for the Ridge Racer bug. Didn't they say it would be available 'later' this month?

edit -- Changelog:
nikola987 said:

June 15, 2011

Included in this update:

source: http://gbatemp.net/t297234-2-0-0-2-update-...t&p=3717961

They said mid-June and it's exactly mid June.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The fact that a firmware update fixed a game bug shows that Nintendo's not doing the whole EVERYTHING MUST BE SEPARATE they did on the Wii. This is good news in that if the 3DS is hacked people will be able to code lots of interesting things and this might allow easier exploits... but is bad in that it'd likely mean more security attempts (though how well they'll work I won't guess).

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I loved how I got the notification via SpotPass about this update, because it said a new, recommended update had been release on June 16 (today), and was version number 2.0.0-2E. Oh man, I was confused for ages, until I looked at 3Dbrew and saw that there was indeed a new update - Nintendo just failed at getting the details of their own software correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1