Hacking 3DS System Update 7.1.0-16U

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got this over SpotPass, the light started flashing. I have a separate 4.5 3DS so I went ahead and updated my updated system.

Given that the base firmware stays the same, I'm guessing something related to Miiverse was fixed since that's the online firmware portion.

Any idea what was actually changed?

Good news is that it's not 8.0 so it shouldn't affect anyone's EmuNANDs, just thought I'd report it in case anyone else wondered if it's safe to update or not :)

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Main changes for version 7.1.0-16U

Update released: February 26th, 2014
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
logo-nn.png

A minor system update for Nintendo 3DS has gone live. Version 7.1.0-16U is now available for download and adds further improvements to overall system stability. Other minor adjustments have also been made to enhance the user experience, according to Nintendo. The last major 3DS firmware upgrade added support for Nintendo Network IDs, Miiverse and removed the limit to system transfers. The Wii U was recently given a small system update, too.

:arrow: source

Reactions: tjexp

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm just hoping that patches the whole Powersaves/Action Replay deal so I can Wonder Trade in Pokemon again

They can't patch it. For that to be disabled you would need new cartridges. Powersaves have nothing to do with the 3DS itself.

One thing I really want is the removal of the limit for friends. It sucks to keep deleting people when I want to trade with them.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I was under the impression that the last number in the version (in this case 16) was the version of the eshop. So only eshop was changed from 7.1.0-15U to 7.1.0-16u. But seeing the changelog I am not sure about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone