Hacking 3DS System Update 7.1.0-16U

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They can't patch it. For that to be disabled you would need new cartridges. Powersaves have nothing to do with the 3DS itself.

One thing I really want is the removal of the limit for friends. It sucks to keep deleting people when I want to trade with them.
They MIGHT be able to by changing the way saving works, but even then it's unlikely.
Yeah another pointless update to waste my time with.
Then don't update? Unless you want to use the eShop in which case it takes about 30 seconds to install a small update like this.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I really want is the removal of the limit for friends. It sucks to keep deleting people when I want to trade with them.

I did email Nintendo before the release of Pokemon Bank about extending the 3DS Friends List beyond 100. They currently have no plans.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They can't "patch" Powersaves because it doesn't require the 3DS to work; it's independent hardware. Also, Nintendo can't do anything about games already released.

oldskoolboarder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, not sure what happened. I updated to to .16u last week on my 3DS and 3DS XL. DS Two works fine.

I checked w/ my R4i 3DS Gold, it's the Rev C w/ red PCB and trace cut. It seemed to work w/ a quick check.

I put that same card into the same 2 3DS's today and now the came up as Metroid and don't work.

Any ideas what happened or how to fix? Kinda bummed that now my R4i Gold seems unusable.

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, not sure what happened. I updated to to .16u last week on my 3DS and 3DS XL. DS Two works fine.

I checked w/ my R4i 3DS Gold, it's the Rev C w/ red PCB and trace cut. It seemed to work w/ a quick check.

I put that same card into the same 2 3DS's today and now the came up as Metroid and don't work.

Any ideas what happened or how to fix? Kinda bummed that now my R4i Gold seems unusable.

I thought R4 V3.3 uses GW 2.0b1 which does not have support for EmuNand 7.0 firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on