Hacking 3DS SysNAND possibly corrupt - Buttons messed up

LordKail

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the further comment guys.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to open up the 3DS today since the screws were a real pain and decided to get a proper screwdriver tomorrow instead of wrecking them.

I tried calibrating the analog stick and it was perfectly fine, responded as it should. Therefore it must be a D-Pad hardware issue after all.
I am a bit surprised that both the D-pad and the Select button are acting up though.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
It also could be software issue. I had a Red O3DS which had version 7.x and a parental lock on it. The B button wasn't responding anywhere (not even in games). The intention was to remove the lock and sell it as it is by mentioning the B button fault. So for that I first had to downgrade using GW to 4.x then I was able to remove parental lock using 3DSExplorer app. Then I was able to factory reset which also made the B button work everywhere surprisingly. So this time everything was working and able to sell it off in completely working condition.

Reactions: Quantumcat

LordKail

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for sharing Just3DS. I opened up the 3DS yesterday and didn't see anything wrong with the hardware.
I will just set it on hold for now and come back to it a bit later.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This does sound a lot like a hardware issue. There is one thing that you can try to check if it is:
Try a retails DS cartridge.

DS cartridges run in a completely separate mode from 3DS stuff. They even use their own hid (human-interface-device) routines. Now, if the problem persists in DS mode, you've got a hardware issue, and you need someone to fix it for you (Google will help you find tutorials on how to do that). Otherwise it is a software issue (in that case, it's best to just restore an older backup).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse