Not open for further replies.

Geeta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello everyone. I brought a Old 3DS with firmware in 1.0, I tried to update it normally through the configuration and after it finished downloading and installing the update it got stucked on the screen saying "Opening HOME Menu... Don't turn off the console" and after a few minutes it said "An error has occurred...." so I turned off the console and it didn't turned on again. When I press the power button it only turned on the 3D button. I tried to go to Recovery mode (L+R+Up+A) and it didn't worked either so I tried to recover it through ntrboot injecting a CTR-Transfer and it doesnt work either, when the 3ds turns on it got stuck on "Opening HOME menu" and it doesn't matter what version I try to inject throught CTR, nothing works. I also tried to inject 2.1.0 and it still says "Opening HOME menu". After a few research I found something called Lazarus3DS (An script from GodMode) but it was really hard for me to find one that works so I don't know what to do. I'm thinking on something like formatting the system but idk how to do it because home menu never boots so any help?

Thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-01-21 at 12.10.31 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-01-21 at 12.10.31 AM.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 776

TheMagicMan

A Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I brought a Old 3DS with firmware in 1.0, I tried to update it normally through the configuration and after it finished downloading and installing the update it got stucked on the screen saying "Opening HOME Menu... Don't turn off the console" and after a few minutes it said "An error has occurred...." so I turned off the console and it didn't turned on again. When I press the power button it only turned on the 3D button. I tried to go to Recovery mode (L+R+Up+A) and it didn't worked either so I tried to recover it through ntrboot injecting a CTR-Transfer and it doesnt work either, when the 3ds turns on it got stuck on "Opening HOME menu" and it doesn't matter what version I try to inject throught CTR, nothing works. I also tried to inject 2.1.0 and it still says "Opening HOME menu". After a few research I found something called Lazarus3DS (An script from GodMode) but it was really hard for me to find one that works so I don't know what to do. I'm thinking on something like formatting the system but idk how to do it because home menu never boots so any help?

Thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english.

Turn on the 3ds with the sd card not inserted

Geeta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So booting your 3ds without the sd inserted just results in the same thing? If so, very strange.
Yeah, it doesn't work. I know its strange. I'm feeling like it has a really strange soft-brick and I don't know how to format the console to see if that works...

When you say that you try Recovery Mode pressing (L+R+Up+A), does it actually go into the screen that tells you to System Update?

Edit - Does this fail to show up?
https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/a...ds-dual-othersettingssystemupdate-172x207.png

Make sure you are pressing D-Pad Up and not joy-stick up.
ss-3ds-dual-othersettingssystemupdateok-172x207.png

Yeah, I know how to do that xD and nope, it only shows a black screen. Nothing happens.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it doesn't work. I know its strange. I'm feeling like it has a really strange soft-brick and I don't know how to format the console to see if that works...

Yeah, I know how to do that xD and nope, it only shows a black screen. Nothing happens.
Well, that totally sucks. You managed to super soft brick it, which is kinda impressive. You're only recourse now is a hard mod. :hateit:

Edit - you didn't mention if you made a backup of your synNAND. IF you have it and have access to GodMode9, did you try a (Full) sysNAND restore?

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Geeta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, that totally sucks. You managed to super soft brick it, which is kinda impressive. You're only recourse now is a hard mod. :hateit:

Edit - you didn't mention if you made a backup of your synNAND. IF you have it and have access to GodMode9, did you try a (Full) sysNAND restore?

The console isn't hacked, the only thing that I did was update it from version 1 to version 11.6, nothing else. Thats why I'm shocked that it died like that. And no, i don't have a backup of the sysnand because I only do that when I start hacking the console so...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The console isn't hacked, the only thing that I did was update it from version 1 to version 11.6, nothing else. Thats why I'm shocked that it died like that. And no, i don't have a backup of the sysnand because I only do that when I start hacking the console so...

... so I tried to recover it through ntrboot injecting a CTR-Transfer and it doesnt work either...

When you tried to install NTRBoot using the 3ds.guide with a compatible flashcart, did you manage to get past the magnet / sleep step?

EDIT : By the way, in case you didn't notice and it helps, that guide is written in Spanish too. https://3ds.guide/es_ES/ntrboot.html

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Geeta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
When you tried to install NTRBoot using the 3ds.guide with a compatible flashcart, did you manage to get past the magnet / sleep step?

EDIT : By the way, in case you didn't notice and it helps, that guide is written in Spanish too. https://3ds.guide/es_ES/ntrboot.html

Yeah, as I've said before, I've injected like 4 CTRNand. First one was 11.5, second was 9.2, third was 2.1 and the last one was with "Lazarus3DS" that is the last firmware (11.6)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, as I've said before, I've injected like 4 CTRNand. First one was 11.5, second was 9.2, third was 2.1 and the last one was with "Lazarus3DS" that is the last firmware (11.6)
You said your 3DS isn't hacked. The only way you can do CTRTransfer is that you must have Luma3DS, boot9strap, and GodMode9 set up. If you have these running, your system is hacked. We need to know for sure if you can use GodMode9.

Did you make sure you are using the Old 3DS or 2DS - 11.5.0 - XXX - CTRTransfer for your 3DS
and not the New 3DS or 2DS - 11.5.0 - XXX - CTRTransfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1