Gaming 3DS Sound Channel

Seaking

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2010
Messages
857
Trophies
0
XP
191
Country
United States
Who uses the built in MP3 player? i myself find it very useful, just for the fact that now i only need to carry around my 3DS + headphones + phone.


what does everyone else think of the player? i think it is very nice.


Edit: AND if you do use the music player, do you use the street pass ability on it?
 

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
762
Trophies
0
XP
101
Country
United States
I haven't really used the sound channel at all, except one time where I recorded a sound just to test it out. I keep meaning to try some mp3s, and tinker around with it. I also need to play around with the AR games and Face Raiders, since I only tried them briefly on March 27th when I got my 3DS.
 

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2009
Messages
8,461
Trophies
0
Location
The Courtroom
XP
806
Country
United States
I use it all of the time, so far it's the only thing I use it for, especially since I hate Apple and won't buy their products, except for headphones.
 

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
2,837
Trophies
0
Age
30
Website
Visit site
XP
274
Country
United States
machomuu said:
I use it all of the time, so far it's the only thing I use it for, especially since I hate Apple and won't buy their products, except for headphones.
wat?

On topic:
No I dont. Ive opened it twice and got out immediately. I really have no desire to put mp3s on it. I have my phone and ipod for that.
 

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2009
Messages
8,461
Trophies
0
Location
The Courtroom
XP
806
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
machomuu said:
I use it all of the time, so far it's the only thing I use it for, especially since I hate Apple and won't buy their products, except for headphones.
wat?

On topic:
No I dont. Ive opened it twice and got out immediately. I really have no desire to put mp3s on it. I have my phone and ipod for that.
I use their headphones because my brother gave me some, not because I bought them.
 

SuperMarioMaster

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
211
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Galloway, NJ
Website
s14.zetaboards.com
XP
113
Country
United States
I use it almost everyday. I'm trying to fill up with as many songs as possible. Some of my friends and I even made fads out of songs that I have on there. It's great.
nyanya.gif
 

Seaking

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2010
Messages
857
Trophies
0
XP
191
Country
United States
come to think of it, has anyone filled out the street pass for the sound channel? i already have, i dont wanna list what the songs are tho
biggrin.gif
.....
frown.gif
 

Goli

RPG
Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
2,571
Trophies
0
Age
27
Website
Visit site
XP
309
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Whenever I walk around with my 3DS I use it. Which is very often. It's pretty good and I love to mess around with the pitch and tempo thing.
As a side note, today I finally found a song where the karaoke mode actually works, which is Want you gone, the Portal 2 song.
 

Seaking

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2010
Messages
857
Trophies
0
XP
191
Country
United States
Goli said:
As a side note, today I finally found a song where the karaoke mode actually works, which is Want you gone, the Portal 2 song.
haha thats awesome.
you should try Like A Boss from the lonely island with karaoke mode, i think its really funny
 

Nollog

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
2,964
Trophies
0
XP
1,324
Country
Ireland
Seaking said:
come to think of it, has anyone filled out the street pass for the sound channel? i already have, i dont wanna list what the songs are tho
biggrin.gif
.....
frown.gif
I streetpassed myself.
I don't think anyone enabled streetpass for the sound channel.
 

shineaway

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
59
Trophies
0
XP
55
Country
Eon-Rider said:
I'd use it more if the darn earphone jack wasn't in the centre of the damn thing.

I agree, if they had put the port on the side with the wireless toggle then you can slip it in your pocket. But having it in the middle is a nightmare.

I like the fact they have updated the headphone port with support for 3 pins, so you can use the pause/play buttons integrated in your headphones.
 

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2011
Messages
1,627
Trophies
0
Location
The Fourth Dimension
XP
2,149
Country
United Kingdom
shineaway said:
Eon-Rider said:
I'd use it more if the darn earphone jack wasn't in the centre of the damn thing.

I agree, if they had put the port on the side with the wireless toggle then you can slip it in your pocket. But having it in the middle is a nightmare.

I like the fact they have updated the headphone port with support for 3 pins, so you can use the pause/play buttons integrated in your headphones.

But if the port was on the side, you won't be able to play using headphones..
 

Nollog

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
2,964
Trophies
0
XP
1,324
Country
Ireland
Dylan said:
Have not and will not. Out of all the devices that will play music these days I think there is the least point to using the 3DS over any others unless you have no other option.
Why not?
No DRM?
Expandable by choice?
Cheaply expandable via SD cards?
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Rob_Boates @ Rob_Boates: clone hero is dope tho