3DS softomodded, how to use EShop

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Ekeloperz, Oct 10, 2019 at 5:39 PM.

1. Ekeloperz
    OP

Ekeloperz Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2018
    Slovenia
    Hello, so I've just recently bought the Pokemon Heartgold physical edition for 3DS that requires EShop for downloading. But I have a softmodded 3DS that requires and update to use the EShop and I don't really know what my options here are so I'am open to any suggestions.

2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Just update. You don't have to do anything special.

3. Ekeloperz
    OP

Ekeloperz Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2018
    Slovenia
    Won't that break the Luma3ds softmod?

4. Mr.Faq2015

Mr.Faq2015 /ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/

Oct 24, 2015
    Argentina
    Rhizome 9
    It won't. At worst it will make any non-legal dlcs stop working, but if necessary you can avoid that by backuping everything (both sd and nand), downloading what you need to download from the eshop, dumping that, then restoring the backups and reinstalling the software manually

Sent from my 1DS with B9S using Discord Nitro

5. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    The only time DLC is removed by the system is when you have pirated DLC installed alongside legitimately purchased DLC/themes (themes are considered DLC). If it's all pirated, it won't be removed.
    Nope. Just make sure you have the latest version of Luma and B9S.

Last edited by Joom, Oct 10, 2019 at 9:48 PM
  6. Mr.Faq2015

Mr.Faq2015 /ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/

Oct 24, 2015
    Argentina
    Rhizome 9
    Now that is something I did not know. Thanks for the info, I'll take it in mind for future circumstances

Also this. If you get any kind of error or the console doesn't boot it's because you're missing any of those conditions

7. Ekeloperz
    OP

Ekeloperz Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2018
    Slovenia
    I have just updated the system and Luma3DS and everything seems to be working like before so thank you for the reply.

Mr.Faq2015 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted