3DS Shop Channel available right away?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by sonknuck23, Mar 12, 2011.

Mar 12, 2011
  1. sonknuck23
    OP

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    Being slightly strapped for cash, only JUST ABLE to afford the 3DS, I figured maybe it'd be better to grab a points card as opposed to a game (until my next paycheck or birthday at least.)

So, before I get all giddy, WILL the Shop Channel be available right off the bat? Or will we have to wait. AND if so, Will Super Mario Land AND/OR Links Awakening DX be available right away as well? If anyone has info on this, let me know.

Thanks a bunch.

2. pachura

Member pachura GBAtemp Advanced Fan

3. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    No, The channel will only be availeble May 7th after the great Update.

4. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    I like the post with the capitals and the bold writing. (/sarcasm)

Anyway, that kind of sucks. I guess I'll have to wait 2 weeks before I get a game, but whatever, it's all good. [​IMG] Thanks for the fast response, though.

5. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    No.

How could you NOT know, it's been said in pretty much every announcement Nintendo has made related to it.

6. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    I don't get people. When someone asks a question that's fairly obvious but they missed it, I usually just say "nah, they mentioned so and so," I really don't get why some kids are like "wtf are you dumb they said it every time".

It's possible I just missed it or something, fuck.

Reminds me why I stopped asking questions here.

7. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    well, except the one supposedly stating that the update containing the 3ds shop(and some other features) would be available on the releasedate in europe.
    though it seems the source of that info wasn't reliable.

8. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Guys, there are times to be dicks, and there are times to answer a question nicely. Not everyone keeps up with (or has time to) with the scene. I could understand big bold one word answers with R4 questions, but not only is that against the rules, it's also rude.

@Sonknuck: Just ignore pachura, he's sort of the troll of the 3DS section. The shop channel will not be available for download until May 7. Even then, I'm sure there won't be anything remotely worth your money until a month later.

9. petspaps

Member petspaps GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Big guy says it all, ignore the trolls and best to wait for any vc stuff there aint any certain release dates for most of it yet

10. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    It was on the GBAtemp front page at one time IIRC, and it's been stated multiple times throughout GBAtemp, as well as other news sites.

Not only did you not bother to look it up, but you got mad for people responding to an obvious question with an obvious answer.

Next time, look it up before you ask.

11. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    No need to get angry. IGN was being fucking retarded and was releasing stupid fake information about the 3DS.

Like how Pokemon Black and White have 3DS capabilities, and that the 3DS shop is coming day one.

12. pachura

Great. So the guy asks "WILL the Shop Channel be available right off the bat?". I give him correct answer, and you call me a troll ? Not even to mention that if this guy would have put "3ds online available" in Google, he would have gotten his answer instantly.

13. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Yes, you gave the correct answer. Did you give the proper release date? No. Did you prove that you're a douche? YES!!

You know, just because its an obvious answer doesn't make it right to act like a dick man. This is one of the reasons why many people leave GBAtemp. Feed a person information and he'll pass it along many more times. Feed a person a "Google it" phrase, they'll regurgitate it right back.

Also, if you get tired of answering, then don't. The mods are there to curb overly asked questions, and you're not a mod.

14. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    7th?
    All they've said is "Late May".

15. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    See I don't know where correct info or incorrect info is. I remember when I saw a list of launch day games, Zelda OoT was on there. I figured maybe SOMEONE here knew something based on maybe some event held in the states where Nintendo representatives went around showing off the console and gave some info.

Sorry if my question caused you guys to actually get stupid about it, it's not a big fuckin' deal, I got my deal regardless of whether the answers came from people who use their PC or laptop as a shield and go on and say whatever they want without fear, or from people who really just wanted to give the straight up answer.

I didn't think people would actually go "wow, you didn't look this up? what are you, retarded? fucking dumbshit kid, get off the web.

(btw it's in may.)"

Who the fuck does that shit anyways?

Bottom line is, I got my answer, some of you have way too much time on your hands, and some of you just wanted to let me know what's up.

Either way; who gives a shit, I got my answer, problem solved, life's good, and you kids who got all worked up over it should know it's not like I constantly flood the forums with question after question after question.

Relax the fuck out, it's GBAtemp. Chill.

16. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    I have not posted in this thread yet, I do not insult or make fun of anyone on these forums, I just want to politely point out that OOT is, and always has been, described as a "Launch Window" game, not a Launch game, by Nintendo. Any website that said OOT was a Launch game was incorrectly assuming that meant Launch game. Nintendo uses the term "Launch Window" to describe any game coming out between Launch day and E3 2011, which is in June.

17. pachura

Wow, you guys are unbelievably touchy. Maybe consider not using internet for a month or so ?

I find "it's been said in pretty much every announcement Nintendo has made related to it" a pretty polite statement. This is definitively not an insult. It's unbelievable you get so much offended and start crying "OMFG how dare you calling me fucking dumbshit kid", and using the word "fuck" repeatedly.

18. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Everybody needs to stop being so butthurt.

19. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    My butt hurts.

Anyway, irregardless, I can say fuck as much as I want, and I want to fuckin' thank the majority of you for straight up giving me my answer.

Problem solved.

Now i'll just have to get some extra cash to afford a full-priced game. I was considering grabbing Pokemon Black or White in the mean-time as opposed to grabbing a 3DS game RIGHT away.

20. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    General rule of politeness on a forum... If you personally feel you've answered a question so many times that it's annoying to answer it again... Don't. Simple. People will miss even the most obvious of obvious information... but you don't need to be a dick about it when answering them...

That said, I still do it -shrugs- can't fight human nature I guess.