Hardware 3ds sd problem?

terriblenormal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have a 3ds on 10.3.the 3ds is showing that write protection is enabled on the sd card.the software cannot be displayed even if there is no sd card.any way to fix this

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Remove SD card it has a slider that is on Lock Bottom Unlock Top

Slider it Down and reinsert it into DS. if same issue pursues Turn off DS, Slide Down card and insert, Turn on , it should say locked, removed card with ds on, Slide it up and reinsert it and wait

D

Deleted-236924

I think the issue is more complicated than that. They're saying it says that no matter what even when no SD card is inserted.
Unfortunately I wouldn't know how to fix it or what the problem is. I would point you towards Nintendo customer support.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well hes saying the software isnt being displayed even when there is no SD card inserted.

Ofc software will no display he doesnt have the card in the device

Basically his error comes down to 2 things

Faulty Card Reader Slot, messing about with sd cards can sometimes fix this, if not needs repair.

Faulty Lock on SD Card or faulty SD card.

D

Deleted-236924

I think they just miscommunicated. The error that shows up when SD card lock is on is exactly as they posted in their post, but sentence structure and punctuation makes the wording strange and meaning may be misinterpreted.

"Write protection is enabled on the sd card. The software cannot be displayed." is the message that is shown when SD card lock is on.
I think what they were saying is,

I have a 3ds on 10.3. the 3ds is showing that "write protection is enabled on the sd card.the software cannot be displayed", even if there is no sd card.any way to fix this

They just didn't use much punctuation (I assume English is not their first language so their English may not be perfect.)

Of course this is only my understanding. That would most likely be due to a faulty SD card reader slot on the 3DS, but faulty how, what causes the 3DS to think an SD card lock is on, I wouldn't be able to tell.

Reactions: terriblenormal

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue is usually due to a bad SD card slot. On rare occasions I've had some luck getting systems with this problem to read an SD card by opening the console and cleaning the slot with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush, but more often than not this error means the slot actually needs to be replaced. You can find replacements on eBay and Aliexpress. No soldering is necessary for the small o3DS.

terriblenormal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The issue is usually due to a bad SD card slot. On rare occasions I've had some luck getting systems with this problem to read an SD card by opening the console and cleaning the slot with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush, but more often than not this error means the slot actually needs to be replaced. You can find replacements on eBay and Aliexpress. No soldering is necessary for the small o3DS.
MINE IS AN OLD 3DS XL

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, in that case replacing the SD card slot is not as easy since it does require soldering. If you're comfortable opening the system I would try cleaning the SD card slot and checking for dirt or debris inside. Maybe that's all that's wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.