Hardware 3DS screen problem

TheCypher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So my 3DS has some srot of problem and I would like to see if anyone know anything about it before buying a new part so as to not waste money if its unfixable, when I turn it on it does not show anything on the upper screen, though it does sort of shine or gets less black or something, it just does not show anything on it and when I press the button to turn it off the bottom only shows the prompt to turn it off, though that last part is more because I don't remember if it shows anything aside from the prompt.

TheCypher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm bumping this because when I turned my 3DS today this appeared, I haven't done anything yet to fix it and I have also not done anything illegal like downgrade or installing anything, so does anyone know what the hell could be happening?

Edit: So when I fully open it making the upper screen lay down in a straighline that stops and when I fold it again it gets worse, could it be something in the cable connecting the LCD screen?

Edit 2: I figured the clusterfuck that appears on the upper is whatever should normally appear on it, when I started up a game it showed the upper part of the game but full of static

Attachments

• 20160111_020916.jpg
    20160111_020916.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 20160111_020925.jpg
    20160111_020925.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by TheCypher,

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would have to guess LCD ribbon, because in your first post.. you stated that the backlight is working..
Could just be loose connection.. maybe broken ribbon
I've also seen something very similar happen with water damage, corrosion caused the ribbon to lose connection and caused the same line thing (I fixed it by cleaning off the corrosion with alcohol and a toothbrush)

Either way, Pretty sure the LCD for that model is pretty cheap to replace

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually, depending on the problem he might be able to fix it himself pretty easily. Check out your mobo before you even consider buying a new 3ds.
I would have to guess LCD ribbon, because in your first post.. you stated that the backlight is working..
Could just be loose connection.. maybe broken ribbon
I've also seen something very similar happen with water damage, corrosion caused the ribbon to lose connection and caused the same line thing (I fixed it by cleaning off the corrosion with alcohol and a toothbrush)

Either way, Pretty sure the LCD for that model is pretty cheap to replace

The screen may be cheap but it's very difficult to be replaced in the regular O3DS, especially because of that front panel glued to the bezel.
Good luck putting that back without getting dust in.

TheCypher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the answers guys, I started to unscrew it but ran into another problem, is there a way to safely take out a stripped screw ? Especifically the one near the stylus? Its the only one that I cannot take out because the damn thing is stripped

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the answers guys, I started to unscrew it but ran into another problem, is there a way to safely take out a stripped screw ? Especifically the one near the stylus? Its the only one that I cannot take out because the damn thing is stripped
I had the same problem. I used a drill with a drill bit slight bigger or the same size as the head of the screw, and then drilled it. When the drill slips a little, that means your through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM