Hacking 3DS Savegame Requests thread

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Datel 3DS Powersaves device, saves for games are in BIN format. Anyone have saves for Zelda ALBW with that device? I could also post my saves for other games if you guys want too.

isnt there any way to convert them to sav format?

im not sure they would work tho, because i imagine they are from games that are not scene releases, all of us are using them same rom dump, so thats why we can share savegames between us

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure how to convert powersave bin to save format...

Here is my save for Zelda ALBW US format just after obtaining Master Sword. From Datel Powersaves 3DS in BIN format. Hope it helps somehow :)

Attachments

• BZLE33a38047_2013-11-30_11-06-01_(After Master Sword).rar
    44.7 KB · Views: 366

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I merged the two Save requests threads together, and put a link in the NOOB PARADISE stickied thread.
You are encouraged to post your saves on filetrip too, more users will find them.

Reactions: TyBlood13

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. play a different game, not the one you want to import the save.
If you play the same game, it will keep the internal save instead of importing your new save file, and will overwrite the save file when you exit your game.

2. put the save file on your SD card:
SD:/gameID.sav

3. put the game you want to import save into flashcart.

4. Launch the game, it will import the save file to the flashcart's internal save chipset.

Gateway team said they are working on a direct save file access, so in future releases you will probably won't have to worry about the "last played game", or "exit using Home/X", as it will automatically access the file instead of the chipset.

Reactions: pin

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I and others post 3DS Powersaves save files?

I would like to request a complete save for Zelda ALBW to transfer with my 3DS Powersaves device, saves for device are in BIN format. Can share my saves too if you guys want.

Are they interchangeable between flashcards? i would imagine so...
Also, if a future exploit is available, will the savegames from our flashcards work with future rom loading? i even went as far as to download roms specifically for my region, so that in case something is released i can easily use my USA savegame for my USA rom and play with other ppl for example. OR, maybe online play will need your rom/3ds to be region matched.

Also, i think it would be good if this could be a kind of savegame thread. Just upload your savegame and specify for which release its for.

Im personally looking savegames for these games.. (already beat them on cartridge, too lazy to do again)
- New Super Mario bros 2 **(USA)
- Super Mario 3D Land **(USA)
- Starfox 64 3D *(USA)
- Mario Kart 7 **(USA)

If ANYONE has a savefile for any of these, please upload? thank u in advance

I understand savegames have to be RELEASE-SPECIFIC. You cant just have a savegame for a EUR zelda for example and just rename it to the filename of a USA zelda savegame. It just doesnt work.

EDIT: Here are the 2 savegames i have atm. i can upload more when i clear more games. The .sav file goes to the ROOT of the 3DS SD Card. Remember to backup any savegames you originally have on your SD card before hand.

I played these on 3DSLink. Can anyone confirm they work on gateway and/or other flashcarts too?

The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_Between_Worlds_USA_3DS-ABSTRAKT
-- game cleared, hero mode unlocked, 18 hearts.

Sonic_Generations_USA_3DS-VENOM
-- game cleared, all chaos emeralds.

I was hoping to use your Zelda save, but 3DS powersaves are in BIN format. Would you know how to convert?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my Super Mario 3D Land save in Datel's Powersave BIN format, game is 100% complete :)

It should be interchangable by just renaming them to the correct names and extensions you need. The file name is just a container for the dump data.

I tried renaming it, but it would not upload to my game card through my Powersaves device :(

Attachments

• AREEf039dba1_2013-12-14_13-16-43_(Complete).rar
    59.7 KB · Views: 304

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems like Powersaves creates a .bin file of 128 kB whereas Gateway always defaults to 512kB. At least, I think it does.
That might be the problem.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
After comparing your zelda save to the one I put on filetrip, powersaves put a header to the save dumps.

compare_powersave_to_ndsadaptorplus.png

That means you will not be able to use anyone's saves unless they dump it with a powersave device as well.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
skeet, please use the edit button to add text to your last post if nobody replied after you.
Stop making 4 posts with 5 words each. This is not a chat room, there is IRC for that.
Thank you.

I don't know if Powersave files are sharable among consoles.
Did you try someone else's save file?

This thread was first meant to share Gateway/R4i save files, as they are compatible between consoles.
There's another thread (where you posted a lot of times) about the power save tool, but you didn't had any definitive answers about sharing ability. I hope you'll get more answers and can share saves for your tool.

how_do_i_do_that:
Thanks for sharing saves on filetrip and explaining its content :)

... You have 5 bottles?
Damn, I have only 4, I thought I had all items because there were 4 in ALTP too. :hateit:
I met a goron who gave me money. would he gave me hearts container if I was nice?
He is angry at me now... I hope I didn't lose my chance to get one.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
IMG_170171b.jpg

IMG_170170b.jpg

IMG_170169b.jpg
Empty space in inventory is for the light bow you get from Zelda for last boss fight.

---

Bottle locations:
Bottle 1 - vendor in town
Bottle 2 - bottle with note for milk
Bottle 3 - Rupee Fairy, you need to give 3000 rupees for this one (Lorule), need the big bomb flower to get to fairy
Bottle 4 - Man under the castle bridge, requires zora flippers
Bottle 5 - Vacant house, bomb back wall outside (Lorule)

Reactions: juins

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E