Hardware 3DS rusty dock contacts?

XXNatus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed a few specs of what appears to be rust on the golden dock contacts of the 3DS, I tried wiping them off but to no avail. I've never exposed the handheld to moisture of any kind, anyone else experiencing something similar?

Dakkon426

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow i wouldn't expect the contacts to rust so fast but since its not wiping off you may want to try something mildly abrasive to remove the rust. also if your worried about scratching anything be sure to mask those places off with masking tape first.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
My contacts are still clean!
ohmy.gif

Perhaps your case is due to high humidity? I always place my 3DS in an air conditioned room so no humid problems...
unsure.gif

XXNatus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Perhaps your case is due to high humidity? I always place my 3DS in an air conditioned room so no humid problems...
unsure.gif

Nope, I always keep it in a dry place, and to top it all off, I've only used the charging cradle once.

QUOTE(jceggbert5 @ Jun 10 2011, 08:24 AM) Pic Please?

Sorry, I don't have a camera at my disposal, but like I said, it looks just like rust to me. There are little orange spots on the cradle contacts, one on the left contact and three on the right one. They are barely noticeable, but they're definitely there, and can be clearly seen under certain lighting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded