3DS Rom Tool v0.5

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by 3DSGuy98, Apr 9, 2015.

1. 3DSGuy98
    OP

3DSGuy98 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    This ROM tool gets information of the latest ROM's for the 3DS and gives you the full in-depth information which you may require.

[​IMG]

Check it out. Fully functional just no ROM image's... yet!

THIS DOES NOT PROVIDE YOU ROM'S, JUST INFORMATION AND UPDATES ON THE 3DS SCENE!

Update:
    Read's CIA Files.
    Not yet tested with 3DS Files but support is there in case you wanna try it out.

Attached Files:

Haloman800 likes this.
  2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    why not use use 3ds.essh.co, rather than download a windows application, from someone's first post? (i imagine some people might think it is a virus etc)

3. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    What does this tell you that crappy tiny reader cannot?

4. 3DSGuy98
    OP

3DSGuy98 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Not much at the minute but this can be handy for people that just want to find out what's new, quickly. This uses the 3ds.essh site for the database. I don't make viruses, I'm not a tit. It will be able to read CIA files soon so when you rip your games with the titleid you will be able to find out what the CIA is without having to look at the serial in the file, and then having to go the 3ds.essh to find out what it links to. In fact I've already made an application that does exactly this but I want it incorporated with this app.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  5. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    You might want to change the wording in the first sentence of the first post. It says "This ROM tool gets the latest ROM's for the 3DS." Most people will assume that means it downloads them, and then they'll proceed to download your program without paying attention to any warnings in full caps. Remember, this is the internet you're dealing with.

6. 3DSGuy98
    OP

3DSGuy98 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    Changed good advice, thanks.

7. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    on the internet (even off really) we can't easily see if you are a tit or not.

it was the fact that it is a gui windows tool, for rom information, it's your first post, ad your name is 3dsguy(98)
    3dsguy made many 3ds tools, so i thought you were trying to be a bit shifty :)
    anyway, thanks for contributing!

8. 3DSGuy98
    OP

3DSGuy98 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    No sir, I was not trying to take after anyone as you know I made this account earlier today, only to contribute my work. Please do not take any offence by this, it was just the first name that came to mind.

Edit:
    Confirmed working with .3DS Files too. Some may not work such as Legit CIA's, etc but overall the checks are in place so you should be fully informed if there is an error not just a shitty "Windows Application Has Crashed" or anything of that sort.

Thanks for taking an interest I suppose :)

cearp likes this.
  9. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    what's the chances of that happening? Dam near same screen name with the same tool name too.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-rom-tool-rom_tool.349314/

cearp likes this.
  10. fischermasamune

fischermasamune GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    This belongs to the another section of the forum.

11. fischermasamune

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    This belongs to the another section of the forum.

12. 3DSGuy98
    OP

3DSGuy98 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    I do not use gbatemp very often therefore not up to date with the scene. I have released this software for people to navigate through the latest releases with ease. Maybe the next release coming soon will appeal more as it will have sorting options such as firmware therefore you can see what has been released and will work on gateway ultra (under 7.x).

I can ensure you that I am not trying to be 3dsGuy the original, it is very coincidental that these two are similar, maybe same frame of mind? But as mentioned I don't keep up to date with the latest and not looked at the people in the 3ds scene.

13. 3DSGuy98
    OP

3DSGuy98 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2015
    I can't see a better section for this discussion to go in, it seems relevant enough to me.

14. fischermasamune

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    cearp likes this.