Hardware 3DS Revision still possible?

Do you think Nintendo will still release a revision with a second circle pad even though the 3DS XL

• Of course.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 31 36.0%
  • Not a chance.

Votes: 35 40.7%

• Total voters

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes it IS possible, look what Nintendo did to the old DS series.

DS+DS Lite no cam and extra things
DSi+DSi Xl Cam+ extra memory+DSi Ware

I see a possibility since Capcom, Konami and SE also offered options to use the CPP and also without using it.
The problem there is DS game can't use the cam and such, and DSi games that do use it cannot run on the DS.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This looks a bit uncomfortable, is it really good?
I've only owned the pro, not the original classic controller, so I wouldn't know. But either way, I think it's a good workaround. Plus. the L/R triggers on the 3DS are too far out for my fingers as it is, so I would have no problem reaching the zL/zR buttons more inward, personally.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just thought about it now, but the CPP works via the infrared reader, right? This means the game is programmed to work with the infrared reader of the 3ds and get the analog data from there, not directly from an analog stick. This would mean that even if there was a new 3DS revision with a 2nd analog, the CPP compatible games would only work with the CPP and the 2nd analog would be problaby useless in those games.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I just thought about it now, but the CPP works via the infrared reader, right? This means the game is programmed to work with the infrared reader of the 3ds and get the analog data from there, not directly from an analog stick. This would mean that even if there was a new 3DS revision with a 2nd analog, the CPP compatible games would only work with the CPP and the 2nd analog would be problaby useless in those games.
All they would have to do is program data into the 3DS revision to cause the readings to come from elsewhere. If that doesn't work, they just have to release updates for the few games that use the CPP. It wouldn't be that hard.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
All they would have to do is program data into the 3DS revision to cause the readings to come from elsewhere. If that doesn't work, they just have to release updates for the few games that use the CPP. It wouldn't be that hard.

Forgot about the updates, the 3ds system is truly amazing! :D

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks a bit uncomfortable, is it really good?
I've only owned the pro, not the original classic controller, so I wouldn't know. But either way, I think it's a good workaround. Plus. the L/R triggers on the 3DS are too far out for my fingers as it is, so I would have no problem reaching the zL/zR buttons more inward, personally.

I owned one for a while, it sucked. The entire controller was built like a handheld, and its joysticks required you to reach inward to the area that would house a screen on a GBA, the + and - buttons required you to bend your plams inward to press which was a pain since you could easily press the a, b, x, or y buttons while using it. The home button was a distant dream with that controller. The triggers (zL and zR) were also hard to use, since you had to use both the index for both the L and R and zL and zR buttons, didnt feel right. Over all the controller was a bunch of hand cramps waiting to happen, the 3DS it woupd be worse since the 3DS is thinner then it opened and most games encourage using your thumb on the touch screen.

@VMW wouldn't work, the Vita uses a back panel more as a laptop mouse then an actual device for input, in otherwords it wouldn't function well as any type of button. If there was a second trigger it would have to be on the underside of the console like with a 360 controller but lower, but if that was the case then the charging and IR port and Game Dock would have to be moved to the bottem and sides. In other words the whole thing would require an whole redesign for something that doesn't need to be fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat