Hardware 3ds retail cartridge mod?

lyk93

Active Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
40
Trophies
0
XP
237
Country
Senegal
Hi all,
I have got a few EU region cartridges and i plan to sell them off but in my area people mainly use US 3dses

So i was wondering if there is any way to change regions for physical retail cartridges? So i can the cartridges locally
Just a curious wild thought lol
 

nero99

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2014
Messages
3,131
Trophies
1
Age
29
XP
3,653
Country
United States
Hi all,
I have got a few EU region cartridges and i plan to sell them off but in my area people mainly use US 3dses

So i was wondering if there is any way to change regions for physical retail cartridges? So i can the cartridges locally
Just a curious wild thought lol
Nope. they would have to use hans or a cfw that enables region free to play said games.
 

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2015
Messages
1,677
Trophies
0
Age
24
Location
Hell
XP
888
Country
United States
No, 95% of games have different roms compared to other regions. The other 5% have another check which prevents full region free (main series pokemon games). If these people have cfw, then they will be able to play them though.
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    From a Linus video it's essentially just a type c with an advanced chip
    +1
  • Shape @ Shape:
    40Gbps is just going to result in even more more lazy developers writing sub-optimal, lazy code.
    +2
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    How? That transfer speed is insane
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    That's like saying fast transfers is going to be the downfall of gaming
    +2
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Then when devs that actually do take their time makes people cry over them taking their time and having to wait even longer
    +2
  • Shape @ Shape:
    Very astute observations, but you failed to take into account people like me who prefer devs to take their time despite longer waits and really, really dislike the suboptimal approaches many studios are taking with game development in this day and age. Catering to the customers with impatient impulses for instant-gratification is a super-profitable business strategy in the short term, sure, but it is an untenable business strategy in the longer term simply because you cannot guarantee you can produce a quality game in that timespan repeatedly. Therefore, you will have to abuse your workforce or partake in other inethical practices in order to compete in the marketplace and remain profitable.
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Not really a fail the general public just doesn't know how to wait I don't see what faster transfer speeds have to do with that
    +2
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    That's why GTA games are so great because they have that 5-10 year wait and most new sports games are updated roasters they can't really do much improvement with them because not much their is to improve but on the other hand you get a new cod game every year and it makes millions per year so why stop the cash flow if people are dumb enough to buy every new game peryear
    +2
  • Shape @ Shape:
    Awh that's sad
    +1
  • BlusterBong @ BlusterBong:
    So... we got another Nintendo related Salt mine.
    +2
  • BlusterBong @ BlusterBong:
    (which KiwiFarms had documented days before GBATemp lel)
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Is this about the Smash tournament that got cancelled?
  • BlusterBong @ BlusterBong:
    saw the thread and it's mostly "Fuck Nintendo", as per usual when Nintendo does a Nintendo Thing
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    Yes, the usual typical response for such a disgusting company.
    +1
  • BlusterBong @ BlusterBong:
    eh, could be far worse than it is now, especially if you know anything about Disney in recent times
    .
    +2
  • BlusterBong @ BlusterBong:
    but if you want to hear the Kiwifarms perspective about this latest saltmine...

    https://kiwifarms.net/threads/super-smash-bros-community.35026/post-13572258
    +1
  • BlusterBong @ BlusterBong:
    Spoilers: it isn't 99% "FuckNintendo" posts
    +2
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Oh no no new smash bawwh
    +1
  • CupheadtheCritic @ CupheadtheCritic:
    I got LEGO Island to work without a disk and it's a good game.
  • 1B51004 @ 1B51004:
    oh this is weird
    +1
  • 1B51004 @ 1B51004:
    freaky even
    +1
  • 1B51004 @ 1B51004:
    sorry im getting used to the new chatroom
    +1
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    The chat room is great
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: The chat room is great