3DS Repair Questions

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DinckelMan, Feb 13, 2016.

1. DinckelMan
    OP

DinckelMan Your Favorite Water Mage!

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    I need to send my 3DS for repair (the joystick (plastic) is completely broken but otherwise it still works + my shell needs a replacement).

if i send my console to Nintendo, is there a chance i'm going to lose my CFW? I have a complete 9.2 setup with emuNAND and everything. My Health and Safety app is also replaced. I know they update consoles when they refurbish them, but do they do the same while repairing?

Should i, maybe, just buy a shell + joystick off eBay and replace it myself?

2. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    They will update it.

Voxel likes this.
  3. tigerfrost

tigerfrost Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2015
    You could try and fix this ... there are plenty of guides and help available :)

4. DinckelMan
    OP

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    The process itself isn't really what I'm worried about. I'll have to look for shady replacement shells and then re-assemble everything myself. I'm just not very good at it. Also, both of my back screws are completely stripped (already tried every known method of getting them out besides actually breaking the back panel off)

5. SomeGamer

SomeGamer Within Hyrule Castle

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    They will update it, but with a hardmod, you can DG from 10.5, even without a NAND backup.

6. DinckelMan
    OP

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    I don't have a hardmod, but i believe i can dump my NAND with some tool. Will i be able to flash that backup after they get me on 10.5?

7. SomeGamer

SomeGamer Within Hyrule Castle

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Only if you get a hardmod done.

8. DinckelMan
    OP

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    Well, i guess Nintendo repair isn't an option anymore. Going to look into shell replacement then