Hardware 3ds repair advice

wackyzacky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I accidently spilt vimto all over my 3ds. Now the a and b buttons dont function properly. They will still respond but only with a lot of pressure. I want to take the ds apart to see if its just a cleaning issue but i thought i'd ask here first to see if its worth my time.

Could the internals be damaged from the liquid or is it just sticky residue causing the issue? Whats your opinions?

Thanks

wackyzacky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. I tried to take the 3ds apart but for the life of me i can not get the second set of screws out. They wont turn. The screw driver i have that fits is a cheap one and now its all worn away. And ive just been to b'n'q and bought a precision screw driver set and even the smallest one doesnt fit in the screws. Any idea what screw driver i need?

Thanks

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'd see if you can find a jeweler's set. They should have the screwdrivers that you will need. That, or bring your 3DS if you can, and talk to staff at some hardware stores and see if they can find the right size for you.

wackyzacky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive just seen a video on youtube of someone taking it apart and in the comments someone mentioned you need a 000 screwdriver.
Just bought one from ebay so wish me luck. Lol
if that doesnt work ill try what you suggested. Thanks for replying.

EDIT: im planning on taking it apart tonight. What should i use to clean the contacts?

wackyzacky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Took it apart but the buttons and contacts were clean. There was a bit of gunk on the motherboard which i wasnt able to clean off for fear of breaking it. Put it back together and it still works so thats a bonus lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a