3DS Ready Flashcart?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by GohanX, Mar 6, 2011.

Mar 6, 2011

3DS Ready Flashcart? by GohanX at 4:05 PM (983 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. GohanX
    OP

GohanX Newbie

Okay, here is my situation. I currently do not have access to a DS, DSL, or DSi. I have a 3DS preordered and will be getting it later this month. I would like to have a DS Flashcart ready and waiting for when I get my 3DS(since there's not gonna be many games out at launch, it'd be nice to have a lot of DS games with me). Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of now, only the CycloDS iEvo, M3i Zero, DSTWO, and the DSonei have updates out that support the 3DS. Out of these, only the iEvo(expensive/buggy) and M3i Zero(very poor support?) come 3DS ready(ievo) or are updateable without a DS/DSL/DSi(M3i Zero). Are these seriously my only two options?

Acekard has said they aren't releasing their update until after the 3DS comes out in Europe, so although that was going to be the card I was going to buy(because RHS and a few others update it for you), it doesn't really work out anymore as I won't have it by the time my 3DS gets here. Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    If you wait a bit you can probably find shops that will pre-update the DSTWO for you in a week or so.

3. trev1

Member trev1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. BloodRose

Member BloodRose GBAtemp Regular

Korea, North
    Similar situation really but I just ended up ordering an Acekard 2i and an R4iDSN and if they do need to be updated then I will use my girlfriends DSL.

5. bwmat

Newcomer bwmat Member

Canada
    I was under the impression that the dstwo can update just by having the update files on the sd card and being supplied power(having it in the dsi or 3ds even if it can't be started) due to it's cpu.

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    This latest update they released needs the cart to boot.