Hacking 3ds R4 preparation help

BallisticZombo7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im getting a R4iSDHC RTS LITE 2018 soon and i want to run 3ds roms off of it (fire emblem) and regular DS roms (the world ends with you) but i dont know if i need to get any new things or files in preparation of when it comes.

If you can help please send links to the file downloads if i need them

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quantumcat on the nds store page it says the r4 card can run 3ds roms
"Play Nintendo 3DS/DSi XL / DSi / DS Lite / DS" just means it will work on those systems. If you scroll further down to the Q&A section, you will see that it only natively plays DS games.

"Is it possibly to work on new nintendo 3ds xl?
Reply:yes, work on new 3ds xl to play ds games"

https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=450

Reactions: Quantumcat

BallisticZombo7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i understand the rom file thing but i just need to know if i need to get CFW on my 3ds to run roms from the flash cart. I would like to know if its possible or its just a lost cause

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i understand the rom file thing but i just need to know if i need to get CFW on my 3ds to run roms from the flash cart. I would like to know if its possible or its just a lost cause

Yes if you want free 3DS games, DS flashcart might not work on higher firmware if you can't find the correct kernel for the DS flashcart, there is always DsiMenu++, you can look up on that, but not all games work.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can run ROMs from that flash cart in DS-mode without CFW. However, for 3DS games, they will have to be installed onto the SD card with CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?