Hardware 3DS "R" trigger solder point

MOHRCORE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi! I've destroyed my "r" trigger plug on motherboard (when trying to repair it), and the path for trigger is too small to solder anything to it. So please, help - does anyone know, is there a bigger point for "r" trigger to solder wire to it?

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can buy a replacement r trigger, it would be around 10 dollars i guess ( but isnt it a plug instead of solder joint)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a continuity tester to look for alternate points by touching one probe to the traces you can't solder to and toching points on the board around where the traces go with the other probe. You can make one easily with a watch battery, led, and wire.

MOHRCORE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok, thanks, I was thinking on it, but path is too small to be sure, that meter still touches it. I decided to use substractive method (gnd + path continuity points - gnd only points) :)

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ok, thanks, I was thinking on it, but path is too small to be sure, that meter still touches it. I decided to use substractive method (gnd + path continuity points - gnd only points) :)

Did you find it?

Otherwise here's a picture.

1-3 and 5-8 are ground
4 is the alternative point that you can find marked on the picture bellow.

Reactions: cearp

MOHRCORE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you find it?

Otherwise here's a picture.

1-3 and 5-8 are ground
4 is the alternative point that you can find marked on the picture bellow.
Strange thing - I've solden everything (few times) and my multimeter says its good, but it doesn't work :/

MOHRCORE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I will give my 3DS to local service, which claims it can repair it. The guy from service showed me some impressive smd repairs. He says, that he will try to find matching female plug and install it on the motherboard - then I could plug original R trigger back :)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Well that's just brutally awesome then. Good luck with the repairs, my DS Lite's R trigger is deader than dead, and probably a real bitch to replace... it still clicks, so i'm betting it's corrosion, or cracked solder joint.

MOHRCORE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks to you, especially to Ozito for that picture. It helped me a lot to make a working solution using duct tape and aluminium foil. Anyway I've accidentaly ripped up path foil of my down screen, and I gave up. It's just like cursed, but I don't belive things like that. Perharps I'm total noob in SMD.

Reactions: Ozito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1