• I'm sure going to Pre-order the 3DS!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I might, when the price is right.

• I already Pre-ordered the 3DS!

• I'm not gonna Pre-order it.

• I will buy it a few weeks after the launch date.

• PS4 / PSP2 / Wii2 / Xbox720? 0_o

• Total voters

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
The official release date is not even announced yet, but, we might just gonna need this topic.

The 29th of September we might know the US/EU/AU/UK dates too, but at least Nintendo is gonna announce the JP region launch date on that day.

We probably all remember the launch of the Nintendo Wii, it was a rough thing to get.
Even when you Pre-ordered it. You could be sure you couldn't get it anymore if you went to the shop midday or in the evening. And therefore had to wait weeks to months to get one afterwards.
wii-lines-in-america.jpg

Pre-ordering doesn't seem to mean anything, unless you have relation ships at the shop. So start getting a temporally job over at your shop or visit and buy stuff there a lot and have longer chats.
tongue.gif

wii-launch-final---28.jpg

Anyway, here you can talk about your Pre-order feelings and preparing's of the 3DS.
Gonna sleep at the front of shops's door? Or thrust on you Pre-order ticket?
Going with friends? Truant from school to get it, in the morning launch day?

Shear it right here.

---

Mine story will be in this spoiler as I'm the topic starter. Makes the topic look better IMO hehe.
Depending on the day of launching I will go to the shop nearby me, and my friend. (We shall go together in that case around 2:00AM or so..)
Lot's of energy drink I suppose, sleep bags, Flashlight, and old DS Lite's.
tongue.gif

(We will switch each other off with sleeping of course, someone has to guard our lives and place at in the line.)
I hope that that will be the case, way more fun etc.

Oh, and I will print 3DS on my shirt, and go with my Nintendo hat, and Zelda pins for on the 3DS shirt.
smile.gif

(And ofc, money on a safe place)

But...

If Nintendo of Europe is stupid enough to launch it outside a vacation or weekend, and so launch it on a School-day.
I hope to have enough free class hours before school starts or within the time school have started. (And hope there are no tests on school that day too.)

Than I go with a quite lot people to the game store which is at reasonable distance from school, but takes a little to long to walk, so we/I will go with a hired bike/bus/running.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I missed getting a Wii at Superstore by one unit. One. I'll not make the same mistake this time. I'm going much earlier, since there's no local shops I can stay over at that will sell it at launch.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I have some connections in a couple different game stores so I'm good (I got my wii the same way
smile.gif
)

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got my Wii at launch. I remember getting up at 4:30AM and waiting in line for 4 hours to get it. Good times
smile.gif

D

Deleted_171835

I'm probably going to preorder it.
I'm not going to camp out for it, though! I'll just get it from my local Blockbuster later in the day.
smile.gif

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
No kidding...and the Wii launched with the Gamecube launch base of 5. (Plus motion fanatics).

Everyone who has a DS is going to want this thing...blech

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh yeah I will be pre-ordering it for sure my birthday is the day we know the release date it is going to be awsome!!!!!!
smile.gif

Peelbash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Under the stress of peer pressure, I'll preorder it in October. Actually a good idea, now that I think about it.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
You could just pre-order online and get it delivered to your house, it's less risky and you're gauranteed to get it.

Oh what did you say? Right you want to be able to be first people to get it? Well when I pre-order I always get things a day or two early.

Well that's in the UK

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Adr990 said:
Going with friends? Truant from school to get it, in the morning launch day?

Shear it right here.
Over here there was a massive bargain when Modern Warfare 2 launched, the game was meant to cost £45 but Sainsbury's(Equivalent to a Walmart, no one buys games from a supermarket) they were selling the game for £26, it's funny since I watched the advert the day before it was released. I told my brother and he went to the store in the morning at first there was like 10-15 people then it increased to about 50. What's funny is that my friend was talking to my brother while they were in the line, and we're in class and you just see him coming into school at 9:15 (School starts at 8:30 and the store opens at 8:00)

If I do get it early, Im just going to show it off to people while they're lining up
biggrin.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im never gna buy anything or pre-order anything on launch ever again (bad experience, long story)

i will wait for hardware tests, hardware reviews, some games to pop up. Heck if i have to wait a good 2/3 months i dnt mind. This is so the case since we really dnt know much about the 3DS other than some hardware specs, some games, but nothing serious about the firmware, or the interface in general.

Daku93

Trophies
Website
usrcheat.cwsurf.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You could have added an Option like "I wanna see how the 3D looks like".
If you had, I would have chosen this, because if the 3D effect is not as good as everybody says I wouldn't buy it.
I hope that I can test it at this years GamesCom

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna pre-order, but I don't know how crowded it will get; my local EB Games is in the mall.

I'll just go and wait, and if they run out, I'll probably bargain to get my pre-order half off or something.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Slyakin said:
I'm gonna pre-order, but I don't know how crowded it will get; my local EB Games is in the mall.

I'll just go and wait, and if they run out, I'll probably bargain to get my pre-order half off or something.
Over here I don't think you can preorder for store pick up over here. Also I've worked at HMV, and over here if you pre-order you are garunteed to get it, especially if it's HMV. If HMV does take Pre-Order for instore pick up, it's garunteed that you can get it since they label the system/games as your own, all you need is your reservation number and ID.

I don't get why people wouldn't preorder, since if it's like the wii, you're better off to since you're garunteed to get one.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bull fuckin shit, I didn't pre-order my wii, I waited, IN MY CAR, overnight at a circuit city (we all got out of our cars to wait in a line a few hours before they opened.) Dipshits about a mile away were camped out at the best buy for days. Even after everyone in line got their wii, there were still wiis left (probably not for long.)

So my point is, fuck pre-ordering. Just drive around and find the smallest line. If you do what everyone else does (preorder,) you fuck yourself with 1 huge line instead of picking the small line/wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released