3ds Powering off and losing Date/Time

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Runehasa, May 22, 2014.

1. Runehasa
    OP

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    Well it seems my 3ds has now started powering off completely when in sleep mode for a little while. When it does come back on the date and time have both been reset. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and come up with a permanent fix to it without having to send it to Nintendo. This is my 4.5 system that I use gateway with so I cant easilly replace it. Also this happens in and out of gateway mode

2. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Is it possible you got a 3DS with a shiz battery? Or maybe something in the 3DS is blown? I honestly have no idea, but it sounds like a faulty battery.

gamefan5 likes this.
  3. Runehasa
    OP

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    Everything I read pointed towards the battery as well. I have since cleaned the contacts on the 3ds and battery as well as wedged a piece of paper on the back side of it so it gives it a more snug contact with the contacts. So far so good but Ill report back if this does fix it or not. A lot of people seem to have this issue according to google

4. Runehasa
    OP

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    FYI so far so good after performing my fix. Hasnt reset once on me since.