OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm not using my 3ds all that much. it may sit for over a week between uses (or longer). when i try to power it up by pressing the power button after letting it sit for awhile it doesn't work the first 1-2 presses. on the 2-3rd press the system will power up as normal. after its been powered up if i power it right back down and then back up again it works on the 1st button press.

i've never used a flash kit in it. i'm updated to the new firmware. its the cosmo black 3ds. everything else works perfectly, never had a problem with anything else.

is anyone else having any problems like this?

-another world

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i'm not using my 3ds all that much. it may sit for over a week between uses (or longer). when i try to power it up by pressing the power button after letting it sit for awhile it doesn't work the first 1-2 presses. on the 2-3rd press the system will power up as normal. after its been powered up if i power it right back down and then back up again it works on the 1st button press.

is anyone else having any problems like this?

-another world

I have also noticed a similar problem/nuisance. I have to press for at least 2 seconds for it to power up.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. Usually have to either hold it or hit it 2 or 3 times. Rarely does it go on with one tap.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i guess a feel a bit better that its happening to others but now its pissing me off a bit more. the 3ds hardware seems to have all types of odd bugs. the wobble in the screen, the bottom screen leaving marks on the top, etc. the 3ds feels like a prototype. when i play it, i look over at my virtual boy and get that same feeling that it was released before it was really ready.

-another world

Reactions: 1 person

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I have this "problem." It can be kinda annoying, but I think it could be intended. Cause, lotsa people accidentaly press it while gaming, especially if they are used to DS lite/i/XL. It's nothing huge, but it's a tiny thing that can sometimes be nice.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Presto99 said:
I have this "problem." It can be kinda annoying, but I think it could be intended. Cause, lotsa people accidentaly press it while gaming, especially if they are used to DS lite/i/XL. It's nothing huge, but it's a tiny thing that can sometimes be nice.

yeah but iirc the original ds would power up almost immediately when the button was pressed but then once on would take a good 2 second press turn off, so if they did implement this "feature" I don't understand why.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to hold it for a while.
i ALways put it in sleep mode anyways.
Because of that it says i have been playing loz for an average of 7 hours and i played it 2 times XD

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I've been noticing this power button issue lately as well. Seems it doesn't want to start on the first press.
I know this wasn't a problem when I first got it . . . I just hope this doesn't progress into a "DSlite shoulder button-like"crisis.

Jeez, Nintendo, these are just buttons --how hard can it be?

Reactions: 1 person

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
I've been noticing this power button issue lately as well. Seems it doesn't want to start on the first press.
I know this wasn't a problem when I first got it . . . I just hope this doesn't progress into a "DSlite shoulder button-like"crisis.

Jeez, Nintendo, these are just buttons --how hard can it be?

I really want to get my hand on the PS Vita and compare build quality/responsiveness.

camus24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Another World said:
i guess a feel a bit better that its happening to others but now its pissing me off a bit more. the 3ds hardware seems to have all types of odd bugs. the wobble in the screen, the bottom screen leaving marks on the top, etc. the 3ds feels like a prototype. when i play it, i look over at my virtual boy and get that same feeling that it was released before it was really ready.

-another world
I have all the same problem, i tried so hard to not move faster or hard because I think the screen would damage for the wobbling, I don't like that

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed this probelm too, and thought it was introduced with the big June 6th update. My 3DS has powered on with one press of the power button since I got it. Then after the update, I started to worry when my 3DS wouldn't power on at all. It literally took about 6-8 seconds of holding the button for it to turn on. Strangely, there's normally a small boot-up time until I get to the main menu, but when I held the power button down it powered on directly to the main menu.

It's only happend a couple times since, and seems to occurr when I haven't played my 3DS for a length of time. Since I've been playing my 3DS constantly since Zelda came out, it hasn't happened again. I also thought that it could possibly be the button wearing out. I tend to press the power button on the right side of the button, and maybe it wasn't pressing it down correctly. Now I try to press the power button towards the left, or middle of the button.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:

-another world

XP I couldn't help but laugh at this one.

Yeah, actually. Mine does have the same issue. at first I didn't think anything of it, but it does get really annoying having to hit it two ot three times before it works.

D

Deleted User

I'm pretty sure you're suppose to hold it in, like it says in the manual
smile.gif

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol It's always different, sometimes it powers on instantly, sometimes it doesn't respond and yeah I think you have to hold it for a few seconds. I usually just tap it quickly so yeah...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.