• Total voters

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
duffmmann said:
3DS, graphics may not be as great (still look fantastic anyway), and theres no 3G as well as other features, but that 3D effect without glasses really is a selling point for me. While a back touch screen does little to nothing for me (seriously, I mean we talk about gimmicks for video games, and a back touch screen just takes the cake, I can see it coming in handy only for a few games, and I bet in a years time, games will stop utilizing almost entirely).
Umm, no. The 3DS does have 3G. It was confirmed a while back.

WHAT? For real? I somehow completely missed that, can you should me a link to the confirmation of that? I've read so much news on the 3DS but I never saw anything about the 3DS definitely having 3G. i do recall reading a report where a 3G provider had said that a video game company had approached them about putting 3G in their new handheld, but when asked to specify they said no comment or whatever. Fast forward to today, and I assumed he was talking about the NGP. but seriously, please let me see where it was stated that the 3DS has 3G, thats so cool!

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
duffmmann said:
3DS, graphics may not be as great (still look fantastic anyway), and theres no 3G as well as other features, but that 3D effect without glasses really is a selling point for me. While a back touch screen does little to nothing for me (seriously, I mean we talk about gimmicks for video games, and a back touch screen just takes the cake, I can see it coming in handy only for a few games, and I bet in a years time, games will stop utilizing almost entirely).

I haven't heard about that. Source please.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
Fakie! said:
Whichever gets a full speed N64 emulator first.
That should be easy for both handhelds but I've pictured NGP emulating 3ds games which means nintendo got... -_-

Hope my nightmare doesn't come true and 3ds a little more powerful to shrug it off, otherwise...imagine the Sony fangirls =p

The 3DS can do more stuff then the PSP2 can emulate

machomuu said:
QUOTE(duffmmann @ Jan 30 2011, 09:55 PM)
I miss this too, are you sure?!!!

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the 3DS will still fit comfortabley in my shirt pocket or pants pocket. With the specs and all it just seems like a better system for me. Not getting nitty gritty and I know the specs for sony are great too it just plain is more appealing and fun for the 3DS.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I guess technically Nintendo hasn't yet said it won't have 3G, but looking it up, it has not been declared yet, and I would think a detail like that would have been disclosed by now considering in a month it will be out in Japan, but who knows, it is possible. though i would say very unlikely. Regardless, I still want a 3DS over an NGP.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Maybe next revision, lol.

Well considering Nintendo is saying don't be expecting a "Lite" version as they got this one right with the first model, I'm not holding my breath on a revision coming, at least not for at least 3 years.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
DigitalDeviant said:
DiscostewSM said:
Offtopic, but isn't 4G planned to be the standard by the end of the year?

I suppose so, its being adopted by major carriers. I think 3G should suffice for online gaming we'll have to see, I'm curios to know the pricing on NGP.
3G should suffice for online gaming? Hahahahaha. Maybe for online Chess.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Peculiarly for me I'm actually looking forward to the NGP far more than I am the 3DS.
The 3DS impressed me only because of the amazing range of games. The hardware itself didn't interest me.
Though the NGP currently doesn't have the best game line-up, I'm loving the hardware. I only really play handhelds and this is exactly what I've been after for quite some time.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Graphics whore
wink.gif

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hahahahaha
smile.gif
Far from it
wink.gif
I would take the 3DS any day over the NGP based on the games currently on offer... my concern is that it would go the same way my DS went. After spending around a year enjoying the amazing range of games on offer, I suddenly found myself without any interesting titles because I'd played most of them. My DS sat on my shelf collecting dust. I wasn't alone with that, either. This is the way I see the 3DS going.
I'm wanting the NGP on account of hacks. After I've played through the super titles and I reach the 'gathering dust' stage, I should still be able to put it to good use.
Hacks will happen, despite the pre-release 'doom and gloom'. And when we're at that stage, with hardware like that and a few other factors such as dedicated coders... things should get interesting.
I also want to grab an NGP to experiment a little... Nintendo are starting to lose their appeal for me personally and last generation I went for Ninty rather than Sony. This time around I'll do the opposite and see what happens.

Multiskin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
hmmmm.... look at the gbatemp.net logo "the largest gba and ds community on the web" i think 90% here are nintendo ds users and 60% from that are nintendists so i think 3ds will always win here.

btw whats that shit "back touchscreen" on ngp ¬¬ if it will copy ds, at least do it right

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Multiskin said:
hmmmm.... look at the gbatemp.net logo "the largest gba and ds community on the web" i think 90% here are nintendo ds users and 60% from that are nintendists so i think 3ds will always win here.

btw whats that shit "back touchscreen" on ngp ¬¬ if it will copy ds, at least do it right
First point is very true.
Highlighted point is like saying the DS copied a TV remote because it has buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...