Hacking 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,904,193
  • Replies Replies 54,466
  • Likes Likes 44
1. Not required, but you should if you want to clean up your sd card.
2. On stock there should be just Nintendo 3ds and dcim folders.
3. Fat32. It's recommended to use guiformat. Don't use Windows built-in format.
4. Yes!
5. It doesn't matter

Thank you very much for the speedy and helpful response. Now I just gotta wait for my flash card to be mailed. They are closed now due to the holiday but are shipping it February 21st. I can’t wait lol
 
I'm trying to install homebrew onto my brother's new 2ds xl and im using seedminer to help me acheve this. the only problem is that I have absoloutely no experience with python whatsoever. if someone could give me an example of the code to run the seedminer launcher in the Nintendo 3DS folder and then brute force the file afterwards.
 
What is the cheapest R4 for my circumstances?
I want to play original ds games on my 3ds I don't need an r4sdhc as I won't need 4gb+ my 3ds had cfw and I have updated it to 11.6

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My 3ds clearly has cfw and everything but how come my firmware in system settings is ver 11.6 and not sys11.6?
 
My SD card readers broken now. Need advice for a way to run FTP Homebrew with the Wifi switch on without Nintendo being able to detect it.
 
Hi, so I only used my 3ds xl with gateway. System is 4.4.0-10U. Emunand was whatever the last one gateway supported. I sold it on ebay. Will there be any complications if the buyer decides to update his firmware or format/restore the 3ds? Thanks
 
Hi, so I only used my 3ds xl with gateway. System is 4.4.0-10U. Emunand was whatever the last one gateway supported. I sold it on ebay. Will there be any complications if the buyer decides to update his firmware or format/restore the 3ds? Thanks

He should restore the original sysnand back that was on the 3ds before you place the sysnand that is from gateway that you place on it. otherwise he will get problems with he try's to update.
 
Last edited by croc87,
Hi, I just bought a DSTT flash card from nds-card and I was trying to flash ntrboot.
The problem is that the flash card doesn't boot on 2ds, on my old nds it works.

Thanks a lot in advance!
 
Hi, I just bought a DSTT flash card from nds-card and I was trying to flash ntrboot.
The problem is that the flash card doesn't boot on 2ds, on my old nds it works.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Dstt doesn't work on 3ds consoles without cfw. Use the flashing ntrboot (NDS) method and your old ds to flash ntrboot onto it. Don't turn the old ds off or exit ntrboot flasher after flashing ntrboot until you've restored the card later in the guide.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Carter07
Dstt doesn't work on 3ds consoles without cfw. Use the flashing ntrboot (NDS) method and your old ds to flash ntrboot onto it. Don't turn the old ds off or exit ntrboot flasher after flashing ntrboot until you've restored the card later in the guide.
I've injected ntrboothax as on the guide.
Now I have to restore flash? This is not written on the guide.
 
I am new to the DS scene and have been reading all of the guides, but I am more confused now. I have a new 2ds running 11.5. If my goal is to play backed up ROMs am I better off getting a flashcart (if so, which one) or trying to put on CFW. With CFW, what else would I need to play ROMS?
 
After you've installed boot9strap the guide tells you to do it. It makes the card able to play ds games again.
I configured Luma3DS, the 3ds was booting fine again.
I re-inserted the flash card in the nds and used restore flash but it's frozen :(
 

Attachments

  • 2018-02-20 16.47.53.jpg
    2018-02-20 16.47.53.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
I am new to the DS scene and have been reading all of the guides, but I am more confused now. I have a new 2ds running 11.5. If my goal is to play backed up ROMs am I better off getting a flashcart (if so, which one) or trying to put on CFW. With CFW, what else would I need to play ROMS?
You can either get a 10$ flashcard and use it to install cfw or use seedminer. For seedminer you'll need to get a 2$ game and someone to help you.
I configured Luma3DS, the 3ds was booting fine again.
I re-inserted the flash card in the nds and used restore flash but it's frozen :(
I'd let it sit there for an hour, then try taking the card out and putting it back in. If it's still frozen restart the ds and hope for the best. Worst thing to happen is that you'll need to find a backup someone else made if you want to get the card back working.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Carter07
I'd let it sit there for an hour, then try taking the card out and putting it back in. If it's still frozen restart the ds and hope for the best. Worst thing to happen is that you'll need to find a backup someone else made if you want to get the card back working.
When I boot with the flash card the nds freezes at the healh warning screen so I think my only hope is to restore the card with the 2ds if possible.
 
Last edited by Carter07,
This is the cheapest one that'll work:

Is this a better option- R4i Gold 3DS Plus? I can't post a link.[/QUOTE]
It will achieve the same result but it's preflashed with ntrboot so you don't need to flash it yourself which makes it easier and it's better for playing old ds games, but it's also double the cost. The choice is yours.
 
Spend the extra money. At least if it has ntr boot you can always install CFW on future 3ds’ or hell install it on your friends and charge them $10 to make up the difference. You always get what you pay for...
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted