• Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

CainhurstKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i restore installed CIAs and Saves from old emunand? Old emunand bricked and i restored, but i want my games back...
I use AL9H+Luma, all updated

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
How can i restore installed CIAs and Saves from old emunand? Old emunand bricked and i restored, but i want my games back...
I use AL9H+Luma, all updated
If you have the moveable.sed from the emuNAND (I think this gets dumped when you make a backup of it) you can make the Nintendo 3DS folder from the SD card work with a different NAND.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I doscovered today that my 2DS under a9lh automatically powers off if it doesn't have its SD card in. I assume I installed a wrong version of a certain file (for example, at one moment, i remember having to replace a a9lh bin by another one).
Is there a way to check what I put inside the NAND? (I noticed GodMode9 is able to open directories in it) And to fix my error, can I redo the concerned step? https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax I suppose, or only a part of it is needed.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I also just realized that the same console returned by a repair shop a week ago (couldn't turn on anymore, it turne dout the battery suffered from over-charge and had to be replaced) now has a problem with its camera function: the "an error has occured, turned off. If it goes on, pls contact the customer service" black screen is shown everytime a game calls it, or simply after opening the camera application. Could it come from a moved component/cable inside the console? (the repairmen said they opened the 2DS to check things)
That + following some tests, the battery is incredibly short: in a hour on HOME screen (wifi on, brightness 1, sound off), the icone is halved. Then in a few minutes, it goes orange. In a matter of seconds, the LED shinesred and the console turns off.
I received the machine back with the battery partially consumed then a few days ago, I used it for the first time and waited for it to reach "zero" before a full charge. Looks like it didn't prevent this to happen.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

opollon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Short noob question: Where can i get CTGP-7 (custom mariokart 7) with a different TitleID so when i install the the game it doesnt overwrite my existing mariokart 7 ?
(CTGP-7)

brink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: I gave my son my 3ds (with gateway) and it always prompts for update at startup, of which I told him many many times that I would load the games and that he shouldn't touch it without my help.

Well you can guess what happened. He updated it this morning.

I checked and the gateway (through the URL gateway/exploit) doesn't work on it. I forgot how to check version, but I'm just pretty sure I'm fucked and chucked it in the trash.

I'm holding out hope however, thought I'd post here if anyone knew any magic firmware revert process or whatnot.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Quick question: I gave my son my 3ds (with gateway) and it always prompts for update at startup, of which I told him many many times that I would load the games and that he shouldn't touch it without my help.

Well you can guess what happened. He updated it this morning.

I checked and the gateway (through the URL gateway/exploit) doesn't work on it. I forgot how to check version, but I'm just pretty sure I'm fucked and chucked it in the trash.

I'm holding out hope however, thought I'd post here if anyone knew any magic firmware revert process or whatnot.
Is it 11.3?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes :)

Enviado de meu XT1580 usando Tapatalk
@d0k3
Apologies for the tag, but you're the expertiest expert that I could think of the name of :-)
Could you please tell this guy how to use moveable.sed to get another NAND to read his Nintendo 3DS folder? I don't know how.
Oh well, @d0k3 in noob paradise :). My suggestion is not to use the movable.sed to decrypt the stuff in that folder (put the movable.sed into /files9 and use D9 "SD Decryptor/Encryptor"), then use a save manager (JKSM recommended) to restore the saves to a new NAND. You need to reinstall all that stuff, ofc.

There may be better solutions around, so better search for manual transfer tuts.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question....I have installed A9LH on 3 systems with the most recent being December and the other 2 right before a major revision of the 3DS guide.

I am understanding now that you can install A9LH so it can boot with out the SD card now. Is that correct? I don't think this was possible when I first did my systems as my brother in laws system was having trouble reading certain SD cards and could not boot.

From what I am seeing in the guide it looks like you just use FBI to copy the A9LH .bin file to CTR NAND

Now can I do this on my systems or do I have to update my FBI or other stuff before I can do this? Perhaps follow the updating A9LH part of the guide? I had assumed A9LH wasn't really getting updated and was just keeping my Luma up to date and havent been taking my SD card out to update payloads

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a question....I have installed A9LH on 3 systems with the most recent being December and the other 2 right before a major revision of the 3DS guide.

I am understanding now that you can install A9LH so it can boot with out the SD card now. Is that correct? I don't think this was possible when I first did my systems as my brother in laws system was having trouble reading certain SD cards and could not boot.

From what I am seeing in the guide it looks like you just use FBI to copy the A9LH .bin file to CTR NAND

Now can I do this on my systems or do I have to update my FBI or other stuff before I can do this? Perhaps follow the updating A9LH part of the guide? I had assumed A9LH wasn't really getting updated and was just keeping my Luma up to date and havent been taking my SD card out to update payloads
You may need to update a9lh itself. Follow https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh then follow Section VI steps 7-12 of https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Lets say I wanted to use NTR CFW for streaming to my PC .. how would I go about it? I only ever have used Luma in any console I've used .. Is it possible to use multiple CFW's at the same time and decide on boot which one to boot into (payloads?) or is it just me replacing arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the SD card when I want to use NTR and then replacing it again for Luma .. or something else entirely?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets say I wanted to use NTR CFW for streaming to my PC .. how would I go about it? I only ever have used Luma in any console I've used .. Is it possible to use multiple CFW's at the same time and decide on boot which one to boot into (payloads?) or is it just me replacing arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the SD card when I want to use NTR and then replacing it again for Luma .. or something else entirely?
NTR CFW is not an actual CFW like Luma. You only need to launch one app (BootNTR Selector) to launch NTR. To set up streaming, follow this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...without-a-capture-card-ntr-cfw-method.423445/

Reactions: Distrance

Hungarian888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello guys!
I have a few questions:
- Will the R4 card work with Luma 3DS? (If yes, then which?)
- Is there any not buggy way to launch DS games without R4? (I have Luma 6.6)
- Can I updgrade to 11.3 or will it brick my Nintendo? (I have a New Nintendo 3DS)

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the R4 card says it will work with 3DS, then it will work with Luma. Luma works with all 3DS compatible card, even those that stopped working in the past from firmware updates.
TWLoader is I think the only way to load NDS games without a card, and as I imagine, you already know that its buggy. Its a great project but not something I'd personally use right now.
Updating to 11.3 is fine if you have Luma already set up and have backups from when you set up the CFW.

Personally I'd buy a cheap R4 clone. I get mines a couple of days ago. Only cost me about £10, and it works flawlessly.

Reactions: Hungarian888

Hungarian888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If the R4 card says it will work with 3DS, then it will work with Luma. Luma works with all 3DS compatible card, even those that stopped working in the past from firmware updates.
TWLoader is I think the only way to load NDS games without a card, and as I imagine, you already know that its buggy. Its a great project but not something I'd personally use right now.
Updating to 11.3 is fine if you have Luma already set up and have backups from when you set up the CFW.

Personally I'd buy a cheap R4 clone. I get mines a couple of days ago. Only cost me about £10, and it works flawlessly.
Thanks. :)

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can someone reming me how do I check an EncryptedTitleKey of a clean CIA ?
I have some clean CIA (downloaded and dump myself from eshop, like game's updates).
I noticed some EUR EncTitleKeys of some Updates CIA are missing on "that titlekey site", so I want try to add what I can.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission