• Views 4,536,009
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the reply, is that really a CTRNAND backup then though? o.o I found the option I was searching for in Decrypt9 now though, it's under CTRTransfer and right now my 3DS says "Creating transferable CTRNAND" I think this was what I was looking for :P

I advise on using Hourglass9 for sysnands backup/restore. Hourglass9 will never write over the FIRMs.
Decrypt9 will if you don't use the proper choice.

Reactions: SkyDX

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I advise on using Hourglass9 for sysnands backup/restore. Hourglass9 will never write over the FIRMs.
Decrypt9 will if you don't use the proper choice.

Oh that I know but I believe Hourglass9 can't do this special CTRNAND dump, a CTRNAND backup is basically a backup you can move between different 3DS's :)

TsukiRyori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
whats the latest browser ver? and whats the default browser ver on 10.7 that can still use browserhax ? wanted to know cos getting a n3ds mario land bundle heard its on 10.7 then ill use tubehax dns to use browserhax

Last edited by TsukiRyori,

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay now I have a last problem, I can't install a clean home-menu because FBI says it already exists, how do I delete my old home-menu, via the title-list?

TsukiRyori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone tried using tubehax dns to block browser on a fresh 10.7 firmware? just wanted to know and confirm if someone did it and worked cos im getting a 10.7 mario land tom. and wanted to install arm9lh

Bohamad93

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
This Picture means you had the FW at 11.0

The previous Picture you posted, you were using the dgtool for FW 11.1

You have to be sure to use the proper dgtool and the firms to the FW of the console.

Idk what exactly i did.
but i tried the sd from the other 3ds.

Aneesh India

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello ppl. I am new to 3ds forum and i have little experience in psp/vita/wii/wii-u softmods and ps3 flasher downgrading.
since i am completely new to 3ds device i have few questions.

1. Which is the best 3ds model to be bought? I believe 3DSXL has a bigger screen and i would obviously prefer the bigger screen ones. There is a new xl too i guess.
2. Is hack available for 3ds xl or 3ds new? When i say hack, ability to play backup/downloaded games(i am not going to ask you rom links).
3. Is there a way i can avoid using flash card and just use a CFW to install and play backups ?
4. What is the most safest firmware that i need to be on?
5. I have plans to by a 3ds and please guide me what firmware 3ds can be purchased and what not?

Thank you,
Aneesh

Last edited by Aneesh India,

Bohamad93

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Hello ppl. I am new to 3ds forum and i have little experience in psp/vita/wii/wii-u softmods and ps3 flasher downgrading.
since i am completely new to 3ds device i have few questions.

1. Which is the best 3ds model to be bought? I believe 3DSXL has a bigger screen and i would obviously prefer the bigger screen ones. There is a new xl too i guess.
2. Is hack available for 3ds xl or 3ds new? When i say hack, ability to play backup/downloaded games(i am not going to ask you rom links).
3. Is there a way i can avoid using flash card and just use a CFW to install and play backups ?
4. What is the most safest firmware that i need to be on?
5. I have plans to by a 3ds and please guide me what firmware 3ds can be purchased and what not?

Thank you,
Aneesh

1-
http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare

2- Yes, it is ^_^

3- Just avoid to get 3ds console with latest Ver 11.0 or 11.1 because you need to do hardmod / Dsiware things ( as what I'm doing now >_> )
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

4- less than 11.0

5- https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My n3DS came on 10.7 and I downgraded it to 9.2. All CIA files successfully installed in sysDowngrader ( https://github.com/Plailect/sysDowngrader/releases/tag/1.03 ) and my 3DS says 9.2. I went into the browser and notices it's still the new one. I used downgrade check and apparently some files are still updated.
^24ED017A3C544452743FA7C0E7C44A467FAD266BCC6D4D2461^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

So I went to downgrade again, and it says that they're installed when it didn't install anything:
^01B41E048D2B1F8CDBF8C1848A8834851342BCEA3A3FC319BD^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

What should I do now to complete the downgrade?

Attachments

• ^5E3A3EFA390B293102D0F41470AD5926620576B3FDEC17E789^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
    ^5E3A3EFA390B293102D0F41470AD5926620576B3FDEC17E789^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 120

Aneesh India

Trophies
XP
Country
India

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My n3DS came on 10.7 and I downgraded it to 9.2. All CIA files successfully installed in sysDowngrader ( https://github.com/Plailect/sysDowngrader/releases/tag/1.03 ) and my 3DS says 9.2. I went into the browser and notices it's still the new one. I used downgrade check and apparently some files are still updated.
View attachment 63337

So I went to downgrade again, and it says that they're installed when it didn't install anything:
View attachment 63338

What should I do now to complete the downgrade?

Run the sysdowngrade again to make sure the 9.2 downgrade went clean.
Run this program in homebrew and there should not be any "mismatched versions" or "Missing titles".
"Extra titles is normal"
https://gbatemp.net/threads/potenti...after-downgrading.410075/page-10#post-6006406

ghost010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I call Nintendo to transfer my nnid to an old(from a new) with CFW, can I transfer it back without problems, some posts(trough googling) say the source system gets banned... But I kinda don't buy that.
Kinda want to get this sorted before Sunday(that short time period) including the dsi transfer hack thingy majing.

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Is there a way to get online features like dq7 tablets with gateway? im on version 10.5.0 in my emunand, i was using Plailect guide to install arm9loader hax but can't get past the url to install decrypt 9 since it keeps telling me there was an error.

also can i install luma without decrypt 9 or arm9loader hax, then update luma to the last version and play online?

Last edited by darkziosj,

Bohamad93

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
thanks for the humble reply.
Are you saying point number 4 (if less than 11) we dont even need a flash cart?

All what you need a SD card + an exploit way to access the homebrew.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It only errors if it says:

"Failure opening sd files
Done!
reErr:0 wrErr:0"

EAVWhPc.jpg

FYI.

I want to explain something, that happened to me.

about how i get dgTOOL worked for me.
( ive seen lot of people asking same thing )

I was running an update 11.1 with my console
everything goes fine untill ( failure ) word, ok ?

That because dgTOOL 1.0.0 beta can't read firm111 file !
So, basically .. I changed it name from firm111 to firm110.

AS LIKE THAT !

Last edited by Bohamad93,

Deputy_McNuggets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys I have a few questions, any help appreciated. Literally picked up a 2DS for the first time ever and just followed the hell outta this guide.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9)

Did parts 1/2/3.

At the end I wasn't sure what to do with luma settings, if I want it to auto boot into things, what slot 1/2/3/4 CFW I want etc.

I literally just followed the exact instructions and it is now all done.

What luma settings do I need? I also did the part right at the end of part 3 to install NTR CFW, it did some things but do I have to boot into it or something?
Then I'm reading guides on this website and it says luma is a CFW, did NTR just mod luma for me or are these multiple different CFWs I can run?
Do I just launch my 2DS and it runs including all the things I just modded it with?

But now I'm also reading that NTR is no longer developed, the guide I linked is edited daily though so I assumed it would be the most up to date info and just installed NTR.

My end goal is running downloaded roms off my SD card, the card is only 4GB so I don't want to install cia files or whatever, if possible I would just like to run the file off the SD card so I can switch games in and out when I need to.

So pretty much I followed the entire 3 part guide I linked including "installing" NTR. (I mean I think it's installed but not sure what I have to do to use it)

Where do I go from here to just run downloaded ROMs?

Do I need to unlink my NNID or whatever it is called or does the region free stuff from either luma/NTR make that not needed?

I have modded the hell out of so many consoles, but I am now so lost with this one, never seen so many new words and terms before in my life.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Ok I've been researching. Found out my problems with NTR, have to re-run it every reboot then x+y launches the menu. However also realized it only works with legit games, not pirated ones because no signature emulation or something. Also from what I can see, which might be wrong as google often returns info from months ago or 2015, you can't run .3ds files yet and the only way is to install a game using the cia file?

Last edited by Deputy_McNuggets,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
What luma settings do I need?
It says in the guide.

I also did the part right at the end of part 3 to install NTR CFW, it did some things but do I have to boot into it or something?
You load BootNTR.

Then I'm reading guides on this website and it says luma is a CFW, did NTR just mod luma for me or are these multiple different CFWs I can run?
Do I just launch my 2DS and it runs including all the things I just modded it with?
NTR runs on top of proper CFW. You have to start it by running BootNTR.

But now I'm also reading that NTR is no longer developed, the guide I linked is edited daily though so I assumed it would be the most up to date info and just installed NTR.
That is probably BootNTR rather than the actual NTR.

My end goal is running downloaded roms off my SD card, the card is only 4GB so I don't want to install cia files or whatever, if possible I would just like to run the file off the SD card so I can switch games in and out when I need to.
You have to install them if you want to play them (you can delete from Settings->Software->3DS Software). If you want to run roms right off an SD card you need a flashcart.

So pretty much I followed the entire 3 part guide I linked including "installing" NTR. (I mean I think it's installed but not sure what I have to do to use it)

Where do I go from here to just run downloaded ROMs?
Download them as .cia files and install with FBI, or use freeShop to get them off Nintendo's servers directly.

Do I need to unlink my NNID or whatever it is called or does the region free stuff from either luma/NTR make that not needed?

I have modded the hell out of so many consoles, but I am now so lost with this one, never seen so many new words and terms before in my life.

Thanks in advance!
You can use your NNID without issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im on version 10.5.0 in my emunand, i was using Plailect guide to install arm9loader hax
You should be doing everything from sysNAND.

also can i install luma without decrypt 9 or arm9loader hax, then update luma to the last version and play online?
Yes, you can autoboot to it with menuhax just like rxTools or Gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.