• Views 4,535,894
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Beebz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello I have a questions, I got my new3ds xl working and downloaded freeshop and installed it as my first cia with armloader. BUt when I load it up it says I need title keys on my SD and won't let me see any games?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hello I have a questions, I got my new3ds xl working and downloaded freeshop and installed it as my first cia with armloader. BUt when I load it up it says I need title keys on my SD and won't let me see any games?
You need to go to the titlekeys database site and scan the QR code for enctitlekeys.bin (pic of QR code on green button that says enctitlekeys.bin) in freeShop under Settings (cog icon) -> Download. There should be information on the first post of the freeShop release thread.

Beebz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I have to go to download on free shop, go to that site to find the QR codes, and then point my 3ds at my computer to scan the code?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need to go to the titlekeys database site and scan the QR code for enctitlekeys.bin (pic of QR code on green button that says enctitlekeys.bin) in freeShop under Settings (cog icon) -> Download. There should be information on the first post of the freeShop release thread.

sthetix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, i am new to 3ds scene, originally i have new3ds which was on 10.7.0-32 U, then successfully downgraded to 9.2.0 U.

Then i am stucked at Plailect guide #2 which is ctrtransfer 2.1.0 - at step#3.
unnamed%20(1).jpg
anybody knows how to fix this?

thanks

HarryTran91

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, noob question pls. How do i get native resolution for ds games with r4i rts 3ds? I pressed start+select and chose the bomber app. Nothing happened. Then I pressed start+select again before choosing a game and it just brought up random options assigned with these buttons... thanks guys!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm interested in doing the 11.0 DSiWare downgrade, on my N3DSXL since I've got my other N3DS successfully set up with A9LH/Luma.

The main problem is that the installation process on my N3DSXL requires formatting it, which means a loss of save data.
The guide tells you that you can use JK's Save Manager to backup any saves you care about, but this is the problem I'm having.
I find that several titles fail to boot from the Homebrew Launcher 1.1.1 if I try to use JK's Save Manager, SVDT, Hans, etc. Pokémon Picross fails for example, whilst Pokémon Shuffle works.

It seems that some software titles have protection that stops you from modifying their save data or booting them from Hans, etc.
I wanted to know if it's actually possible to dump all kinds of save data without issue on an unmodded 11.0 system, or if this is just the unfortunate limitation due to a lack of ARM9 exploit since 9.2. If I can't backup certain save data, I don't want to proceed with this downgrade and would wait for an 11.0 ARM9 exploit if it should ever happen.

I found the answer to my own save problem.
In order to dump save data from games which have 9.6+ encrypted games, you need to use "newer boot and mmap files for 9.6+ files" from https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls.
I found this answer in the FAQ for JK's SaveManager.

After this, I was able to dump most of the important save files that I needed. A few failed to dump, getting stuck at a yellow or red screen for some reason, but these save games were not critical.

Hi guys, noob question pls. How do i get native resolution for ds games with r4i rts 3ds? I pressed start+select and chose the bomber app. Nothing happened. Then I pressed start+select again before choosing a game and it just brought up random options assigned with these buttons... thanks guys!
Hold down start or select whilst launching a DS game, and continue to hold it until you see the DS game has booted.
This includes launching a flashcart into its menu.

Reactions: Quantumcat

dan0f3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOOT! fully successful 9.2 downgrade! Only took 2 tries. I followed the Plailect guide to the letter. Seems that performing the system format helped in the downgrade (edit: did the format from the settings menu before redoing all downgrading) steps. Maybe because files are created during normal use in higher firmwares for features that 9.2 doesn't have. Anyway I have a question on part 2 and 3:

I have a N3DS and the guide is very specific that part 2 and 3 should be done without a break between. See at the bottom of step 2:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(2.1.0-ctrtransfer)

Part 2 looks simple enough, but part 3 looks brutal and I'm still wrapping my head around it the steps. When during part 3 is my N3DS nolonger in danger of bricking? In other words, when can I turn it of and take a breather? I have all required downloads in a step 3 folder ready and waiting. Looking forward to the challenge, but jesus... glad I'm wearing the brown pants today.
Also, part 2 shows running decrypt9 before putting the "2.1.0-4U_ctrtransfer_o3ds.bin" and "2.1.0-4U_ctrtransfer_o3ds.bin.sha" on the microsd. and particular reason for that?

(Going for LUMA3DS CFW once this is done)

Last edited by dan0f3,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Also, part 2 shows running decrypt9 before putting the "2.1.0-4U_ctrtransfer_o3ds.bin" and "2.1.0-4U_ctrtransfer_o3ds.bin.sha" on the microsd. and particular reason for that?
If you want to save time, you can put these on your SD card before starting up Decrypt9. I guess it's just so that the "making sure you can get into Decrypt9" part is separate from the "2.1 downgrade" part.

When during part 3 is my N3DS nolonger in danger of bricking?
Once you've restored your sysNAND backup so you're no longer on 2.1.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything is found on the luma github somewhere. Why exactly are you using save manager though? It's the worst option for backing up and restoring save data, especially when you have cfw, and can install another one (like jksv).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, that will work.
lmao. not when you are restoring a file from a month ago it isnt. but thanks. its always worked for me and never have had any problems with that. jksm is fine but wont let me reimport an old save it seems and the same goes for sdvt. and the fact that sdvt likes to update my file even tho ive pressed select like i was tld to to keep it from remaking a new backup pretty much sux rottens apples. i use this for acnl and pokemon. so ya. my friends and family i help with all that plus some other games and this whole update has been a total disaster. dont get me started. ill get something worked out eventually. until then SM on the HB is what works for us.

michelb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noob here.

I bought a used o3ds that was at 10.5. When I bought it, I didn't want to do a "Format System Memory" because I was worried it would update it to 11.x so I kept it as is and installed the CFW using Plailect guide and everything is working fine except I just realized that it's still linked to another NNID. From what I read, to get rid of the NNID, I could do a "Format System Memory" but I wanted to confirm that this is safe to do on a CFW (I'm suspicious that it's not but doing System Update is safe so I'm wondering if "Format System Memory" would be too).

Please let me know and thanks for all your work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1